Need Advice - Buying Rogers Lumia 920

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

i have pre-ordered the Rogers unlocked version on negrielectronics... but who knows how long we have to wait.

I found someone via kajiji and basically would have to drive up there to get it. In all my dealings with the canadian users, NO ONE is willing to ship to USA... i assume its because of issues with customs.

So, for 600 bucks, i will get a BNIB Rogers NOKIA LUMIA 920, and have it unlocked by Rogers, by the seller.

Now i live in Central New Jersey, and would have to drive about 7 1/2 hours there, and then another back. so i would rent a car.... economy... aboue 35 bucks after taxes... unlimited miles and pay for gas.... so in the end it may be a lil more than 700... maybe like 750 with the gas and the rental... plus about 15 hours in a car... just for a phone.

Is it worth it? should i wait. what are your opinions.

Thanks.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
We can buy them new up here in Canada for $550. Having it cost an extra $200 seems like a lot to me but to each his own. I guess it depends on how badly you want it.

And usually when people advertise on Kijiji, you have to meet them face to face. It helps the seller not get scammed/ripped off.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the hardware purchase price is $599. Add to that, taxes + unlocking fees + shipping and you are looking at close to $700 (if not more). I've had no issues in selling/shipping phones to the US - all it requires is one additional document to be completed.

But as MaxPower203 says, buying it from Kijiji or Craigslist means a face to face transaction. I'd wait for Negri or find someone on this forum from Canada willing to buy one and ship it to you.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well if you live closely enough to Canada, then it is best choice because Negri won't ship the device until it is unlocked and that will take time, as they said maybe few weeks. Go to MS Store in Canada, pickup the phone, and buy an unlocking package with Rogers will cost you around $700 like many said. However, to get people ship to you, it will take more than that.

Actually, the hardware purchase price is $599. Add to that, taxes + unlocking fees + shipping and you are looking at close to $700 (if not more). I've had no issues in selling/shipping phones to the US - all it requires is one additional document to be completed.

But as MaxPower203 says, buying it from Kijiji or Craigslist means a face to face transaction. I'd wait for Negri or find someone on this forum from Canada willing to buy one and ship it to you.
Just curious. Will you be able to buy and ship it to me for that cost :winktongue:?

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately unless i am a canadian citizen i cant buy it from a store in canada. they need two forms of ID, because i need to have some sort of plan, even if its month to month with Rogers. I know it face to face, which is fine, doesnt bother me. i prefer it actually so i can actually test the phone out and verify its unlocked.

had the at&t lumia, but returned it because i got tired of waiting for the unlock code thats not coming for at least 6 months :)

so again no problem taking the hike, will be a road trip, but again just wondering if this phone is worth it. does it live up to the hype .

or should i just try my luck and wait it out for negri.

BNHabs

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd be willing to ship you one - but will not do so via PayPal..

If you want we can discuss via email: PM me your details.. I have outstanding eBay feedback to prove legitimacy..

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well if you live closely enough to Canada, then it is best choice because Negri won't ship the device until it is unlocked and that will take time, as they said maybe few weeks. Go to MS Store in Canada, pickup the phone, and buy an unlocking package with Rogers will cost you around $700 like many said. However, to get people ship to you, it will take more than that.

Just curious. Will you be able to buy and ship it to me for that cost :winktongue:?

Yes, I could buy and ship it out to you at cost (i.e. I wouldn't add any profit). PM me and we can connect offline.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3