Broken cord on Wireless Charger

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It appears that way. Nokia Care wasn't able to help me. I don't think they sell that part separately.

Oh, how I wish they didn't use a proprietary cord.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
That sux. When I heard they have a proprietary cord, I thought it was odd but didn't really matter to me. Never thought about this. How did she break it? I don't know that I've ever broken a cord on a charger.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You know how the AC adapter is HUGE, and the cord is tiny. Well, I guess she had it plugged in and they were moving furniture around to make room for the Christmas tree. Moved a table too close to the adapter and bent the cord pretty bad.

Merry Christmas!

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Annoying. My charger just arrived today. The adapter is definitely chunky, seen much worse of course, but the 900 adapter is the smallest of all three so far. Not to rub salt into the wound, but the wireless charging is hella-sweet. Plugging in is not the end of the world, but just placing it down is way sweeter, not to mention that it can be a much tidier solution.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah. I know it's sweet. Both my wife and I have Lumia 920s with wireles chargers.

I just feel bad for my sis. She was a huge iPhone fan and I convinced her to give the Lumia 920 a try. Of course, one of the things that won her over was the wireless charging.

Real bummer.

I hope that I can find a way to just get the cord. Paying even $15-$20 for a cord still beats spending $50.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Try radioshack for a replacement...just take in the power block and the cord...I bet there is an adapter that will work

Allen Balkema

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
take and separate the wall adaptor, and cut the cord about 6 inches to a foot from the plug(or right where its broken) and rewire the unbroken segment, then you can also make the cord as long as you want it. make sure to use the right size wire, radio shack can help you find the right kind.
I've done this to several chargers ive broken, and it works every time, for some of them i ended up using heavy gauge stereo speaker wire, some of them are so low power it didnt matter.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, just go buy crimping splices and some heat shrink. Put the wires through couple of different sized tubes of heat shrink and smaller ones on each length of chord. Crimp the wires together, then slide the biggest tube of heat shrink over the crimps and take a lighter/hair dryer to it. Then take the smaller tubes and slide them over the ends of the large tube because it won't shrink all the way down to the cable and heat those. You should end up with a functional, not so ugly, safe repair. If you wanna get crazy buy a soldering iron instead. If you solder right you can make the repair look almost natural.

If it does not work out it's not like you're losing anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon