Nokia 920 - Excellent battery life!

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
After first full night on charger I have had the phone off for 10 hours. At 73% battery life now.

Have 2 exchange mails pushing 24/7, LTE, and a couple of weather apps. Usage has been moderate, but still thats less that 3%/hour. I'm very pleased so far! Much better than my Galaxy S3.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I find it took a couple of days to stabilize (for both my 920's), but I've had stellar life since then. I have been astounded by the good battery life!

williamlololol

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had bad experiences with my lumia 920. I found if I constantly use it even if it's for texting or browsing it won't last more than 5 hours. the standby discharge on 3g/4g is draining at 10% per hour. I've gone through 3 charging cycles already. Should I exchange it? (nb: it also feels pretty hot when I use it)

emiliogomez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I find it took a couple of days to stabilize (for both my 920's), but I've had stellar life since then. I have been astounded by the good battery life!

Exactly the same,at first battery drain was huge , but after a week of charging\discharging battery life is stellar,sitting @ 40% after 15 hours of moderate\heavy use

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mines been getting better and better recently. I took a ton of camera shots after dinner tonight. The battery started around 75% and is still around 65%! Usually nothing drained prior cell phones' battery faster than playing with the camera.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I typically get 2 days out of a battery with medium usage.

Best smartphone i've ever owned. My HD7 would get 1 day with the same usage. Towards the end, my HD7s battery was soo knackered, i was lucky to get 12 hours out of it.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Battery level app was showing 15hrs remaining when fully charged, now ots showing 9hrs 24min when fully charged the past few days. Battery seems to be draining faster than I'd like. I'm closing background tasks and will see how long I can go.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Toolzero

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was having battery life problems. I charged my phone up to 100% and ran the app Battery Discharger. It took a little over 2 hours to discharge. I charged it back up to 100% and since then my battery life has been a lot better. Whatever that's worth.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Also make sure that there are no rogue apps running in the background. Apparently, the Nokia Drive Beta is one of the culprits.

Yea I disabled drive from background apps... Like why would you need that while driving? sure you can multi task but should you really while driving? ;) So I turned off background task for Drive.

MMansoorT

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
lucky! I have had mine for less than 24 hours and after charging it fully the first time, after 2 hrs of normal battery and then 2 hrs of battery saving, it showed me 13%!

Nimal Kunnath

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. I discharged/charged it 2 times and it was pretty good. Now it's again back to bad. Drains very fast. Even if i switch off 3g, wifi and block all background tasks, it seems to be draining fast. Is it coz I installed many apps the last few days?

I've had bad experiences with my lumia 920. I found if I constantly use it even if it's for texting or browsing it won't last more than 5 hours. the standby discharge on 3g/4g is draining at 10% per hour. I've gone through 3 charging cycles already. Should I exchange it? (nb: it also feels pretty hot when I use it)

4look4rd

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I get about a day and a half of moderate use. This consists of 4-6 hours of music (xbox music streaming and podcasts), lockscreen that updates every hour with weather, 2 email accounts, skype and facebook running in the background, constant rowi and baconreddit checks.

I rarely make phone calls, LTE and WI-FI are always on, location and blue tooth are generally off. If I open an app and the phone gets hot (like the facebook app) I will restart the phone.

EDIT: Nokia Drive also drains the battery, so I don't let it run in the background.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The only thing i noticed was that the first week, it took a while for the phone to settle down. This wasn't explained very well anywhere. Now, my phone, like others mentioned, with moderate use, usually gets put back on charge with 65%-75% charge remaining. With heavy use (where's my water drains the battery quite hard) then it will go lower. I'm yet to get the phone critical. Yesterday, i used it a fair bit, updated the phone, which used a lot of battery power to do so, and used the phone with high brightness (took me a while to realise) and it was at 30% remaining charge.

My previous android phone (SGS1), with battery bugs, it would regularly not survive. When it would decide to crap itself, which was almost a daily occurrence, it would go through a full battery in about 6 hours whilst doing nothing, just in my pocket with the screen off. Battery use had to be monitored, and pulling the battery out to reboot was almost daily. There were numerous times where it didn't last the day, and it was very annoying.

I really like the battery conservation feature in WP8, which allows you to engage until next charge. If you know you're in for a big day, and need your phone to last, this is quite useful, and a really good function in the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720