downloaded podcasts (mp3) issue

mcauthorn

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
hello,

I just purchased a nokia 920 and I do love it but I am having one serious issue (at least for me)

I purchased some podcasts (audio books) from graphic audio and when I load them into itunes I am seeing them as music, I can get them listed as audiobooks but not as podcasts. I would like (more like need) them seen as podcasts on the phone since they are well over 6 hours and I don't want to lose me spot and have to try to remember where I am, any help would be greatly appreciated

Update: I am using Itunes to manage my podcasts since I cannot find either all of them on the device or the device is not updating properly (I'm not seeing things like today's episode) I can import the file into Itunes by saying file -> add to library but it adds it as music, and if I select get info and change it to Podcast, it does nothing and keeps it in music. I can make it an audio book but the windows phone 8 app still sees it as music. So I lose the bookmarking feature. I hope this additional update makes more sense as to what is going on and how to help, thanks

Last edited:

mcauthorn

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
okay I was finally able to get it working and be able to import stand alone Mp3s as podcasts. I needed to use Mp3Tag and add in the following Tags ITUNESPODCASTID, ITUNESPODCASTURL, PODCAST, PODCASTDESC, PODCASTURL, and then when I said to add file to library in Itunes 11 it moved it into the podcasts directory and not Music. MAJOR PAIN in but A$$ but it does work. I had to share since I know I have seen this issue in multiple other forums and places.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3