Headset that comes with International 920s?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If anyone here has the international Linus 920, I was just curious about the headset that comes with it. Is the sound quality good enough for an average listener? I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I do like nice sound. Are they a good enough pair of headphones that I won't have to buy a new pair of headsets for at least 6 months? I go through pairs of headphones rather quickly (thanks to my younger brother..)so I'm hoping these headphones can last me a while, before I can buy a pair of Nokia Purity headsets (eagerly waiting for the yellow ones to be released).

Thanks!

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If anyone here has the international Linus 920, I was just curious about the headset that comes with it. Is the sound quality good enough for an average listener? I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I do like nice sound. Are they a good enough pair of headphones that I won't have to buy a new pair of headsets for at least 6 months? I go through pairs of headphones rather quickly (thanks to my younger brother..)so I'm hoping these headphones can last me a while, before I can buy a pair of Nokia Purity headsets (eagerly waiting for the yellow ones to be released).

Thanks!

any rumored release dates on the yellow purity? anxiously waiting myself =)

jusatin

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
any rumored release dates on the yellow purity? anxiously waiting myself =)

They are available to buy here in Finland at least. Should be elsewhere too?

E: And I'll comment on the quality of the "stock" headphones right as I'll get my L920.. :) (Also can do a little comparison to the purity ones)

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got my Lumia920 here (Thailand)
The stock headset is.... I would say the quality is fair, not that good but not that bad as well.

I'm also not the audiophile, I prefer the clear sound with some bass, but the stock headset can't give me enough.
(Even I enable the equalizer and Dolby headset feature)

Lucky me, I got the "Red Purity" headset from the promotion of local Nokia, and the quality is far better than the stock one.

In short, the stock one is ok, but the sound is not that clear (for music) with little bass drive.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I would say they are good as a boxed headphones. What i did actually really appreciate about them is that the color of the headphones and wires is the same as the phone and i like the design.

Personally just tested the headphones but i got plenty of true HiFi headphones so i never bother to use the boxed headphones.

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I would say they are good as a boxed headphones. What i did actually really appreciate about them is that the color of the headphones and wires is the same as the phone and i like the design.

Personally just tested the headphones but i got plenty of true HiFi headphones so i never bother to use the boxed headphones.

Agreed, that's what i really impressed with the headset color.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have no clue about music, but it works fine for me so far. Listened mostly to Metallica with the equalizer set to the preset "Rock" or something.

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The Headset works just fine and are of rather good quality. I must admit I am rather impressed with the audio output. The Headset feels good and comes with multiple earbuds so you can fit it to your ear as you like. It also comes in the same colour as your phone which is a nice touch.

Last edited:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The Headset works just fine and is rather good quality. I must admit I am rather impressed with the audio output. The Headset feels good and comes with multiple earbuds so you can fit it to your ear as you like. It also comes in the same colour as your phone which is a nice touch.

True and i should actually add that the tips are of a better quality than what you many times get with these boxed headphones. Many times you get these hard, super cheap tips with boxed in-ears.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I also got my Lumia 920 in Thailand.

The headsets are okay, I would say. I own a pair of Sony XBA-1s and those are definitely better in terms of quality, but the stock headphones can handle bass pretty well but clarity might not be so great. So far I have been using the stock headphones just to get a feel, and the convenience of having a microphone and pause button helps a lot more than my XBAs. What I noticed is that the stock headphones are a bit too bassy/muddy for me. I may be biased, because I am coming from balance armature earphones which tend to be a lot less bassy/muddy. But those were my first observations.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I also got my Lumia 920 in Thailand.

The headsets are okay, I would say. I own a pair of Sony XBA-1s and those are definitely better in terms of quality, but the stock headphones can handle bass pretty well but clarity might not be so great. So far I have been using the stock headphones just to get a feel, and the convenience of having a microphone and pause button helps a lot more than my XBAs. What I noticed is that the stock headphones are a bit too bassy/muddy for me. I may be biased, because I am coming from balance armature earphones which tend to be a lot less bassy/muddy. But those were my first observations.

Well this was what i was talking about above. It's not really fare to put these against anything over 25 euros in-ears. I at the moment got Denon AH-C710 and Sennheiser IE 60 and naturally these boxed in-ears don't even fight in the same galaxy.
What caught my eye with these was the design and color that matched my red Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs