Testament to its durability - Lumia 920 proves itself the hard way.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So here's a story. One that will make you cringe, but one which will also amaze. It was raining. Hard. I had my lumia 920 in an external chest pocket with a snap on top, and was about to run out to my car to grab something. I opened the door, ran full bore, and out of the corner of my eye I see my Yellow 920 fly sky high out of my pocket like a projectile, and smash corner first into the concrete. It continued to jump in various patterns and heights like a gymnast, eventually coming to a halt on its screen on the wet concrete.

My heart sank. I am so careful with my devices its almost scary. I had not a mark on the phone anywhere, and there I just saw it crash harder than I've seen any phone drop in my life. Mind you I was running fast, and it flew out & up while doing so.

Well. The evidence speaks for itself. While the case is dinged up on the corners, its not that bad, and it didn't deform the phone at all. In fact it functions just fine, and the screen has some extremely hard to see marks along the side it landed on, but they are hard to see even up close.

The pictures start with the corner hit first, and I didn't even clean the grooves at all. I will easily be able to sand this down a little, and it will be hard to notice. Thats one tough phone that rivals the old Nokia 1100.

I <3 my banana phone.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=98ACF0B2F2F924BD!5175&authkey=!AHNLzQEji2CF-FI

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's amaze that your phone still survive!!!!
That's pretty tough it is.

Anyway, I would rather not experience that myself. ^ ^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon