Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,

I bought the phone yesterday in Dubai. Setup my Microsoft Account. Everything works fine except for the three apps which come installed:

1) Smartshoot
    2) Cinemagraph
    3) Nokia Drive

When I select their tile it takes me to the store, where I see the following message:
    This app is not available for your device. Tap here for more info.
    In more Info, I see the following:
    App not available:
    This might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different mobile provided, or the app is not available in your country / region.

I have no clue why this might be happening. I am thinking of resetting the phone, but if I reset it, will I lose all the customization, etc? Thanks in advance for any tip.

Try this: open your Xbox, go to settings and switch everything "on", then exit settings and hit "refresh" in the Xbox app.

Then try the store again.

Also; it could be that it takes a while for the phone to register, could be they show up within the next 72 hours for some reason.

Alternatively, try to change the phone language to something else and see if that solves it. I had this issue after a hard reset (Nokia apps showed when my phone was set to Norwegian system language, but not with English system language).
    Unfortunately, I never resolved it myself as my phone was shipped for replacement before I had a chance to fix it.

Please let us know how this goes.
    Thanked by:
    sakahn 

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sakahn View Post
    Hi,

I bought the phone yesterday in Dubai. Setup my Microsoft Account. Everything works fine except for the three apps which come installed:

1) Smartshoot
    2) Cinemagraph
    3) Nokia Drive

When I select their tile it takes me to the store, where I see the following message:
    This app is not available for your device. Tap here for more info.
    In more Info, I see the following:
    App not available:
    This might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different mobile provided, or the app is not available in your country / region.

I have no clue why this might be happening. I am thinking of resetting the phone, but if I reset it, will I lose all the customization, etc? Thanks in advance for any tip.
    Can you change the location of your phone to somewhere in Europe or the US and then try it?

I have the same problem. I am not able to download any of those apps, plus, no apps from the Nokia collection such as ESPN and Bloomberg. I have had my phone for 1 week now and before I have resetted it a few times and had no problems, but this problem came after I resetted since yesterday. I resetted it again, and still the same problem. I think the apps have been pulled for other regions so I'm just going to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    Try this: open your Xbox, go to settings and switch everything "on", then exit settings and hit "refresh" in the Xbox app.

Then try the store again.

Also; it could be that it takes a while for the phone to register, could be they show up within the next 72 hours for some reason.

Alternatively, try to change the phone language to something else and see if that solves it. I had this issue after a hard reset (Nokia apps showed when my phone was set to Norwegian system language, but not with English system language).
    Unfortunately, I never resolved it myself as my phone was shipped for replacement before I had a chance to fix it.

Please let us know how this goes.
    Thanks a lot for the tips. Xbox app did not help but changing the language fixed the issue. I had region set as UAE and the language as English. I set the language to Arabic and could download the three apps and then switched back to English. Now the apps work fine. Thanks again.

I have another problem now, I can't redownload the extras info updates...any help?

Quote Originally Posted by abhishek8605 View Post
    I have another problem now, I can't redownload the extras info updates...any help?

Great news: For people who didn't receive extras+info update.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot for the tips. Xbox app did not help but changing the language fixed the issue. I had region set as UAE and the language as English. I set the language to Arabic and could download the three apps and then switched back to English. Now the apps work fine. Thanks again.
    Troubleshooting - Why am I unable to see Nokia Collection app or the content is missing on my Windows Phone 8? - Nokia - USA

"The Nokia Collection content in Windows Phone 8 is set according to Settings for Language + Country/Region. To see the content of Nokia Collection, the phone Language need to be the same than Country/Region. The fix is driven by Microsoft, and will come at end of November 2012."
    Thanked by:
    sakahn 

Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    Troubleshooting - Why am I unable to see Nokia Collection app or the content is missing on my Windows Phone 8? - Nokia - USA

"The Nokia Collection content in Windows Phone 8 is set according to Settings for Language + Country/Region. To see the content of Nokia Collection, the phone Language need to be the same than Country/Region. The fix is driven by Microsoft, and will come at end of November 2012."
    Yeah, but that is bull**** according to WinPhoneSupport on Twitter.. https://twitter.com/WinPhoneSupport/...88324348399618 . There is another thread on this here ..

The only thing that tweet says it that they have no information on the time said fix will become available.

Support isnt all-knowing, ive worked for companies whose HIGHLY TRAINED support actually had flawed information constantly, and gave customers flat out wrong info. That happens.

I love the cinematography App too

Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post

Thanks. I think that's the main issue. I set the region to US, and the language to English US and I can now see all the Nokia apps, including Photobeamer etc. Panorama was also missing, which I installed now from the store.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tranite View Post
    Yeah, but that is bull**** according to WinPhoneSupport on Twitter.. https://twitter.com/WinPhoneSupport/...88324348399618 . There is another thread on this here ..
    If I were to ask Nokia support when the issue with daylight picture softness will be fixed, I can assure you they will say almost the same thing... Because they don't know, doesn't mean it wont happen.

Similar issue for me in Dubai...
    difference is these apps where the only ones working! the above and things like linkedin, google download fine but other nokia apps do not download and i get an error code for everything now c101a006. i am set to Engllish languge and UK country and UK regional format but having same error..

ive tried different settings but still the same problem...

i can't download anything so please please help..

Im having a similar issue... did you set the regional format or language to Arabic? i jave changed region and regional format so many times but nothing... have set country to UAE and regional format to english UK...
    the only apps i could download are the ones you couldnt and a few others like linkedin, google

any ideas??

Thanks. I think that's the main issue. I set the region to US, and the language to English US and I can now see all the Nokia apps, including Photobeamer etc. Panorama was also missing, which I installed now from the store.
    did this work for you???
    is it not the same if i set to UK and english?
    I'll try now and keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by aflourou View Post
    did this work for you???
    is it not the same if i set to UK and english?
    I'll try now and keep you posted
    yes, set the region to UK and language to English then it should work. Same for region ad USA and language as English US. Search for cinemagraph and then look for all the apps by Nokia.