Is there a way to get the full Google search page in IE?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to use Google search tools like searching for items from the "Last 24 hours" or "Past month". I can't seem to get these buttons to show, even if I go to the 'classic' page instead of the mobile version. Any workarounds?

Related: searching from the IE address bar always brings up the mobile formatted results page. Is there a way to set that to the full page view by default? I have my page preference set to 'desktop version', but that doesn't seem to affect address bar searches.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, found one workaround: download the free app 'user agent switcher'. Hoping this is safe.. Set it to desktop IE, and things actually work.

jiffffy pop

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
When you go to google.com there should be an option to switch to classic view on the bottom of the page.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, found one workaround: download the free app 'user agent switcher'. Hoping this is safe.. Set it to desktop IE, and things actually work.

This is a useful app - thanks for mentioning it! If you go to maps.google.com and set it to "Android Smartphone" you can actually use StreetView on the L920 in the browser!

Infamy_dd

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Keep in mind, your time may be limited. Google is moving those great tools to a "Search Tools" button at the top of the page. I'm already feeling it on my desktop browsers. Seems to be rolling out based on browser/geography. So whatever the agent switcher is telling Google your browser is... your days may be limited on having those links handy.

Edit: Apparently they're doing it to make the web search experience consistent with the mobile experience. So there's your daily dose of irony.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses, at least we have options. I'd still prefer it if google simply recognized WP8 and presented a better results page, and if IE would respect the user agent settings even for address bar searches. Here's to hoping that providing feedback on the mobile results page actually does something.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to use Google search tools like searching for items from the "Last 24 hours" or "Past month". I can't seem to get these buttons to show, even if I go to the 'classic' page instead of the mobile version. Any workarounds?

Related: searching from the IE address bar always brings up the mobile formatted results page. Is there a way to set that to the full page view by default? I have my page preference set to 'desktop version', but that doesn't seem to affect address bar searches.

It's a little annoying, but this is how I do it:

1. Open up IE and go to Google.com
2. Perform your search (Note: Don't go into "classic mode" yet, just search. If you go into Classic and then search, Google will kick you back in to Mobile mode).
3. After your search results show up, scroll to the bottom of the page and go into Classic Mode.
4. You should see search tools to the left. Click on that.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This was fixed for a bit, but it's broken for me again. Does anyone else get the full results page when searching google from the address bar?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster