New 920 user - needs help with notifications

Angela McKinnon

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am an active twitter user, and just switched from a blackberry to my new nokia windows phone - can anyone help me with how i can get instant notification when i get a twitter mention, dm, etc? Please and thanks :)

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I use the Rowi app for twitter and it gives me live notifications on the tile and toasts. It should also should show up on your "Me" tile, though you won't see any toasts with that.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Notifications.

This is a flaw in WP8. Or is it? Some argue that your home screen and live tiles should be used for notifications.

Some want a notification center.

It has been addressed that "notifications" will be fixed in a future update.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Angela... the notifications for Twitter are typically tied to a specific Twitter client app such as Rowi, Gleek, etc.

You can associate your Twitter account to your Windows Phone and get notifications of mentions on your Me Tile but your best bet is to use one of the Windows Phone Twitter apps that have toast notifications.

Is it a flaw? Eh... if you're a power tweeter I can see it being a handy feature but if you're more of a casual user, then it's probably something you can live without.

Angela McKinnon

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I will try out Rowi tonight then based on your suggestions. The twitter app as well as tweetcaster aren't really doing what I want them to.

I used Ubersocial for BB previously.

I tried this phone as an alternative to Apple, so I hope it doesn't let me down. Just a big learning curve for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3