Windows Phone Sync app not detecting my Lumia 920 anymore

Pyash

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The windows phone sync app is not detecting my Lumia 920 anymore. I have a Win7 PC with Win 8 Pro evaluation version as dual boot. The sync app (both desktop and windows store version) never worked on windows 8 eval version. The sync app always says to "Connect your phone to see what is on it" even when the phone is connected. I also get the notification that says to Power Off/On the device and try again. But I had no major issues with the Winodws 7 version. Now all of a sudden the sync app stopped working on windows 7. I did all the usual stuff. Reboots, soft resets, re-installation of the WP driver through device manager etc. etc. Even contacted MSFT support. They also told me to do all of the above. No luck so far. I have Windows Update enabled on my machine, and I aslo updated my phone with the minor updates pushed by nokia. Anyone else having this issue?? Thought I would check here first before I do a hard reset.

von929Shavone

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issue with WMP, I narrowed it down to the lockscreen. Whenever I connected my phone and it's locked WMP never recognizes it, but if i connect it with the phone at the start screen or with the passcode turned off WMP finds it right away.

Pyash

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Finally I did a hard reset. For a min I thought the phone got bricked. I got the spinning gears for a min or two. after that some how the phone booted up. The hard reset did it. Now I can sync using the sync apps (Win8 and Win7). I was able to sync all the files I wanted using Windows Media Player. I thought Media player did a **** lot better than the sync apps.

Thank you all.

Letthiswork1

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had same issue.

Guy at work had lumia and never had an issue but i did :(

Soon as i rebooted fixed problem..

I tried different computers, different windows operating systems.. disabling wiif/data..

Turns out IT 101 have u turned it off and on again =-]

chinlj

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't get recognize by Media Player as well. In Device Manager, I can see 2 "Other devices" both named "RM-821|Nokia Lumia 920" which has no driver installed.

chinlj

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Just fixed mine. Make sure Windows Update is actually running and Windows is updated. Reboot the Lumia 920 and Windows will finish the job. I think reboot the critical part here as reported by others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros