- 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM #1
I am considering the purchase of a Lumia 920, and while testing the phone at the AT&T Store, I was unable to enter a web address by speech input, or dictate a note in OneNote. Is this possible with this phone?
I didn't try it, but can speech be used with the Word and Excel apps?
I am terrible at finger typing, so speech would be very helpful.
- 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM #2
In OneNote you can't dictate a note, but you can leave a 'voice memo' in it. With Word and Excel I didn't find any options for speech to text dictation.
The two places in the OS where you can dictate are the messaging app and emails.
Hope this helps!
- 12-05-2012, 05:38 PM #4
I use it mostly for text messages when I'm driving. It's really handy. You can even say something like "winky face" and it will insert a wink emoticon ;)
- By loribinca in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 5Last Post: 11-02-2012, 01:53 PM
- By Andrew Griffiths in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:47 AM
- By radic100 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2012, 12:03 AM
- By Xerxes10 in forum OneDriveReplies: 3Last Post: 04-22-2012, 06:06 PM
- By webOSreboot in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-2012, 08:10 AM