Just spoke to Nokia about my battery issues (2nd phone)

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on my 2nd cyan L920 and still having battery issues. I emailed elop the other day and he referred Macy to handle my case like so many others who emailed them. I just got off the phone with her and she said att will most likely send.me a used phone and Nokia wants me to experience how great wp8 is and how great Nokia is so they want my phone. Nokia wants to run tests on my device to see how bad the battery issue it is and how wide spread it is before making any formal. Announcements .she said she will be sending me out a new cyan model as soon as I email her my shipping address and imei which I already did. So hopefully the 3rd time is the charm . If its not I'm jumping ship to an android. Also the phone call was 7 minutes and my battery drained 11% normal?I mentioned "zombie" mode and she was pretty interested in it and started talking to someone else about it.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Intriguing. I wonder if the Android manufacturer you go with will respond to an email from you to their CEO, have a rep speak with you, AND send you a new phone if you have a problem with it?

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
Intriguing. I wonder if the Android manufacturer you go with will respond to an email from you to their CEO, have a rep speak with you, AND send you a new phone if you have a problem with it?

Android doesn't manufacture phones, just like Microsoft isn't replacing his.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I like how he hopes his battery life issues will be resolved by an ANDROID phone. Unless you get a RAZR MAXX, good luck buddy.

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
i think you missed "android manufacturer you go with" meaning which phone manufacturer that has android as their operating system.

I know what he means, but say Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Google themselves if your going with a Nexus device. Your not emailing Eric Schmidt about your POS One X.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I know what he means, but say Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Google themselves if your going with a Nexus device. Your not emailing Eric Schmidt about your POS One X.

lol true. i did have a htc one x+ for about a week. the battery life on that thing was not good at all. easily had to recharge it some time during the day. also the camera on that thing was pretty bad. it had digital stabilization but it might as well not even had that, was not good.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you feel daring, try the rest option and flashing the device firmware again specific to the AT&T Lumia. I did this and overall I have seen improvement in the device. I don't all of a sudden have sharper looking photos from the camera or the "abc" app from the "xyz" market that we all had to have show up eventually otherwise Windows Phone as a platform was going to die. However, my battery runs cooler. Is it placebo? Here is a pretty good test to see if you've moved away from hot to warm to luke warm:

Run a game for twenty minutes and then touch the phone to your spouse in the middle of the night. If its hot, they will jump out of bed screaming. If it is warm, they will twitch and look over to you asking what that was. If it is luke warm, it likely won't be noticed.

Do not drop Lumia 920 on unsuspecting spouse. This could cause immediate injury, possibly death. If you feel that a Lumia 920 has been dropped on you or a loved one, first look for flatten or compressed areas on the body. It is not unusual to see entry and exit wounds as the Lumia is quite capable of making smooth punctures in and out of the human body. If by some chance the Lumia 920 had fallen through multiple concrete barriers prior to impact with an individual, it may be possible for the phone to become stuck inside the victim. Do not move the victim!!!! It is very possible that you or another bystander could risk serious injury attempting to lift the Lumia 920. If you have access to a crane, forklift or you are attending a strongman contest it will be to your advantage to seek out professional help.

If your Lumia has overheated, speed up the cooling process by lowering the temperature of your home to that of below freezing. Keep a towel handy as the phone will "sweat" during the cooling process. Do not use your Lumia 920 to fry eggs, bacon, etc. The yolk will be on you then.

In the event of terrible puns, run.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I never said android is my savior or anything like that. I had iPhones and IOS for a ling time and in bored with the phones and is. I used a focus in the past and really liked WP. I never owned an android phone but have played around with a buddies gs3 and LG optimus g. They say their battery life is great as long as widgets are off. Also I never said anything negative about Nokia sending me a 3rd replacement. They are not doing it just because they are swell guys and gals over there , their doing it because in 3 weeks I had 2 duds and they have to do quality control on the matter.My phone conversation with Macy consisted of her asking me many questions related to battery life, apps, and basically everything that everyone on this forum has done to try and correct the issue so its not just me or others whining about subpar battery life or trolling , there is an underline issue. Att is willing to give me a new gs3 I said I will wait for my 3rd l930 from Nokia and see how that goes so they noted my account and said they will give me 14 days from the time I active that phone to see if I want to switch to a gs3 or another phone.

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
lol true. i did have a htc one x+ for about a week. the battery life on that thing was not good at all. easily had to recharge it some time during the day. also the camera on that thing was pretty bad. it had digital stabilization but it might as well not even had that, was not good.

One x's battery was crap. I figured when they put tegra 3 in and only bumped the battery up 200mah, the + wasn't gonna be much better.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Few ways to avoid battery drain... Lumia 920 or any phone will have the following issues ( I had Iphone, Samsung-Android and now L920-WP8).
1. When you are near a wi-fi point, your phone tries to connect to that continuously even after saying no for that wireless network. This will bring your battery life down drastically.
2. If you are close to a 4G area but if your signal strength is low, phone software tries to achieve better signal strength. While this is a good thing, it uses lot of battery juice.
3. If you have installed battery life monitor app, thats one of the culprit block that and don't let it run in the background.
4. Discharge your battery completely(phone should be dead) and recharge over night. This will fix issues because of the capacitance.

First 2 things unfortunately we cannot do anything, I sent the report to Nokia and they are trying to work on the software. This is the reply I received from the CEO's desk.

There are other things that you can do as well. I tested the battery by talking for 1 hour non- stop and I lost 10% which is better than my old Samsung or Iphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6