12-04-2012, 04:19 PM #1
- 3 Posts
Before with my HTC One X I consistently got around 25meg down and 12meg up with Speedtest app at work. With my Lumina i'm maxing out at around 7 meg down and 7 up. Since there is no Speedtest app winthin the Win8 app store, I downloaded the 'my Speed Test' app instead. I conducted these tests in the same identical location so its not a cell tower distance issue. Either the "my Speed Test" app is not accurate or the Lumia itself is limiting it's speed somehow.
Anyone else noticing this? Or is there a better speed test app to use?
- 12-04-2012, 06:22 PM #2
Try this app. You need to use the link as it is not listed in the store.
another one to try is Quick Bandwidth test. I do not have a link for that. I know I had some very different speeds between apps.
01-02-2013, 09:05 AM #5
- 7 Posts
Hey all i just purchased my HTC 8X on VZW and my LTE download speeds 8MB down and 4MB up..my friend has a Galaxy S3 on VZW and gets 24 down and 12 up..is there a reason for the difference..we are testing in the same spot?
Also i noticed that my pictures are coming out yellow anyone else have that problem as well?
01-02-2013, 11:41 AM #6
- 190 Posts
For instance, if you're in NY, and for one, it connects to a NY server, and another, a server in Canada, you cannot directly compare the two.
My LTE speeds are higher with my L920 from my experience.
- By GreekboyD in forum HTC 8XReplies: 21Last Post: 11-27-2012, 11:16 PM
- By giper54 in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 6Last Post: 11-20-2012, 01:59 PM
- By itsnavsub in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
- By jmarbutt in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2012, 10:15 PM
- By ganks in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 8Last Post: 03-29-2012, 07:08 PM