- 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM #1
I've run into a strange one.. I drive and listen to audiobooks often.. like on a daily basis. Today, I'm driving around listening to an audiobook and I start getting 3 very quick beeps/chimes. No email coming in, no text messages, and besides it's a slightly different tone. It's not anything I can figure out. So, I go into audio/sounds and turn off all the audio alerts I can find.. and the three quick beep thing continues.. just seemingly random, every few minutes just "beep beep beep" really quick.
Anyone know what this is? I can't figure out what's causing it. Minor annoyance. Doesn't happen when not connected to bluetooth, etc. so I'm not sure what the beeping stuff is all about.
- 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM #3
I think I figured it out.. it's when the "available" in chat thing is on in the "my places" area..
Which I'm running into a weird thing on that too.. I'm getting "spam" chat messages, seemingly impersonating real people. Very creepy. What the **** chat service does that thing connect to?
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM #4
- 4 Posts
Do you have Nokia Drive running in the background? I had the same head scratcher until I realized Nokia Drive was telling me I was speeding!
I suggest you (1) back arrow out of Nokia Drive to shut it down or
(2) disable the speed limit alarm in Drive's settings or
(3) Slow down
- By MikeInBA in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 26Last Post: 10-31-2013, 03:42 PM
- By Panathas in forum Developers CornerReplies: 8Last Post: 10-25-2012, 05:36 PM
- By Leaver in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM
- By aptedern in forum Mac OS XReplies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2012, 11:10 PM
- By Chowdah72 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 03-18-2012, 07:53 AM