Three quick beeps over bluetooth

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've run into a strange one.. I drive and listen to audiobooks often.. like on a daily basis. Today, I'm driving around listening to an audiobook and I start getting 3 very quick beeps/chimes. No email coming in, no text messages, and besides it's a slightly different tone. It's not anything I can figure out. So, I go into audio/sounds and turn off all the audio alerts I can find.. and the three quick beep thing continues.. just seemingly random, every few minutes just "beep beep beep" really quick.

Anyone know what this is? I can't figure out what's causing it. Minor annoyance. Doesn't happen when not connected to bluetooth, etc. so I'm not sure what the beeping stuff is all about.

Thanks.

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I figured it out.. it's when the "available" in chat thing is on in the "my places" area..

Which I'm running into a weird thing on that too.. I'm getting "spam" chat messages, seemingly impersonating real people. Very creepy. What the **** chat service does that thing connect to?

StingWP8

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Nokia Drive running in the background? I had the same head scratcher until I realized Nokia Drive was telling me I was speeding!

I suggest you (1) back arrow out of Nokia Drive to shut it down or
(2) disable the speed limit alarm in Drive's settings or
(3) Slow down :winktongue:

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh crap! that could be it, would completely make sense. Seriously, if you do the speed limit in Kansas you're just waiting to get rear ended by a police officer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3