Pulled from Amazon?

zagsfan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just curious at how well the 920 was selling on Amazon and I noticed they didn't have it. When I checked a couple of weeks ago it was in the 11th position and backordered. I am guessing this is just a supply issue, but it can't be good for the 920 or windows phone 8. Anyone know when it was pulled?

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I believe it was pulled a few days ago, really sucks I was hoping to order mine from their. I hope Nokia gets these issues sorted out before the hype dies down, I'm sure there are a lot of people like me with money in their pockets just waiting around to buy one and we won't stick around forever.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I believe it was pulled a few days ago, really sucks I was hoping to order mine from their. I hope Nokia gets these issues sorted out before the hype dies down, I'm sure there are a lot of people like me with money in their pockets just waiting around to buy one and we won't stick around forever.

I think radioshack has it for the same price actually

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
They ****ed up the supply and almost no one has them in stock. Worse, they (Nokia) can't fill the back orders either at the moment. It's starting to look like they screwed up pretty big.

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
There is a good demand in general for the phone, but once you start seeing people who have ordered a phone 2-3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten one, it becomes pretty obvious the main issue here is poor supply. I imagine they are losing sales every day as people start canceling their late orders and going elsewhere.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well it is better than they making a phone that nobody wants. The buzz will be there as they will keep launching it somewhere or in a different carrier... come Feb they will launch a few more.. so 920 may not be flag ship anymore come feb anyway

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Carriers tell Nokia how many they want, not the other way around. It's quite possible carriers underestimated the demand grossly, particularly on some colors. It's somewhat understandable because L800/900 did not sell like L920 at all and it's not easy to predict how big of demand there will be for L920. I mean, everyone knew the demand would be bigger than before, but how would you know if it will be 3x, 4x or 5x?

Also if I remember correctly, the black model was by far the most popular color last time. This time, red, yellow and cyan seem to be almost as popular which probably caught carriers and Nokia off balance.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Amazon Wireless just canceled part of my order...they canceled the order for my sim card...o_O soo yeah i need to yell at amazon when i get home cause they be idiots and canceled my sim card order even when i called up a week ago to see if i needed to take any action regarding a message saying i needed to approve the new shipping date. they told me i didn't have to do anything cause it was shipping with the phone.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
They ****ed up the supply and almost no one has them in stock. Worse, they (Nokia) can't fill the back orders either at the moment. It's starting to look like they screwed up pretty big.

or maybe the demand was so high, that it was literally melting Amazon's servers..

At this point I think it can go either way. We don't know anything until we get official information.

Some anecdotal evidence: My local MS store had a total of 1500 units (this is what the sales rep told me) a few weeks ago, in various colors. This is where I got my Cyan. As of last week, they were sold out. They have since received more white, red, and black. I am waiting for cyan because my gps just doesn't work right and I want to swap it out. They offered me a different color, but I have other smartphones that I can use, for the time being, for GPS and I would rather keep the cyan.

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You also need to account for returns of defective phones too, of which there seem to be quite a few in these early production batches. I have no idea what the numbers are - maybe 5-10%? I know that of the 5 Lumia920's between myself and my friends that we bought, 2 had to be returned and exchanged for new ones - so that can't be helping stock.

Aaron M

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
As others have posted here, I'm leaning heavily toward poor supply. I would love to believe that its just high demand. But when the 900 came out, it was ranked #1 on Amazon for several days and it never sold out or got back-ordered (at least not to my knowledge). The 920 never made it even close to #1 on Amazon yet it is apparently sold out. Now obviously Amazon alone isn't a scientific indicator of overall sales, and certainly this may also be due to AT&T offering the free charging plate. But after my hopes for WP have been dashed for the last two years, I'm trying to not get my hopes up again.

pjm1891

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Something is seriously wrong with the supply, one of the Swedish carriers got in ONE (1) white for the launch that was on the 29th of November. More and more stores over here are also starting to say that they don't expect any more stock until the second week of January! I myself placed my order for a red one a month ago and my carrier tells me that it wont arrive until January because Nokia isn't delivering nearly as much as ordered!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99