Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Banned

I received an unlock key from ATT today. Will reply back with success.

I have also received an unlock code from ATT--
    When I follow the directions- it says it will ask for an unlock code (possibly after a SIM PIN).
    When I start the phone with an "non-valid" SIM, I first get prompted for a "PIN". The phone requires at least a 4 digit number before it will let me click "Enter."

I've tried the PKU as well as the unlock code that was given to me, as well as 1234 and some others from ATT support.
    It shows "10 attempts" the first one gives an "Invalid PIN" message, subsequent tries give a "Error with SIM" message.

The number never goes below 9 tries left.

Still trying to figure out how to unlock it from the unlock code given.
    Banned

I don't have a SIM from another carrier. I had to order a T-Mobile SIM from Amazon, so I am unable to unlock mine just yet.

ATT told me the PIN is 1111. Did you try that Scottie P?

I have not tried 1111 -- although I have setup a "SIM PIN" and reset it to 1234 with the PKU on my SIM.
    It accepts my "SIM PIN" then request another "PIN" for unlocking the PIN for the phone. I assume this means the unlock code, but like I posted before, that doesn't work.
    The screenshot I took didn't save, I'll have to try again later.
    I have a feeling the 1111 won't work from the information I've been given via ATT.

It seems like there may be a software bug since it gets "stuck" at 9 attempts remaining until I restart the phone.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prashantghabak View Post
    I heard that Lumia 920 does not need a case. Is is necessary to buy the case. I am also getting it for around $490. I wanted to know whether you have to pay the first month bill or you can cancel the connection immediately after buying since while buying you have to select a plan. If you have to pay the first month bill the cost increases further.

And about unlocking : I called another store in Mumbai. I spoke with the technician who unlocks phone. He said that he unlocked a Lumia 920 At&t last week. I asked him twice to confirm it . He said that it is possible but it might take 15 days. I asked him the reason for that and he said that the server from where they get the code are not always up. I guess that might be the reason why it takes so long for cellunlock to get the codes. They are asking Rs 3900 to unlock which is expensive. The store is mobileassist. You can call them at 9867244555. Also let us know if u are able to get unlock code from Cellunlock.net.
    Prashant you dont need a case if you handle your phones well, I dropped my phone 2 times already in 1st week so I dont handle the phones very well.
    Regarding the no contract phone you dont even need a phone number to buy from them.
    I bought 2 phone off contract from AT&T, I am using 1 and my friend has another one but its still packed, he wants to sell it as he cant use it for next few months.

Has anyone been able to unlock it with a code that has been provided to them?
    In other words, anyone do it themselves?
    I'm wondering with ATT if they have it prevented in the firmware and they will release a software update in May that will allow the codes we've received to work??
    GZAZ likes this.

Unlock website all say they can unlock your phone even if they cant. They try to unlock after you pay them. Happened to me several times when they promise then don't follow through.

650$ is for off Contract prize and we can change the plans .... 200$ Extra.. Yes and i thought its unlock phone and they said the same....

Am in nagercoil, Kanyakumari.... Even i tried for few best unlocking shop, they said the unlock code is not reached to us becoz of server like that .... stilll tracking them.... mean time we contacting best buy & At& t for unlock code.... am just using it by Wi fi ....

Dont Go for cellunlock.net... the site getting very bad review.....

Cellunlock.net stole my 39.99...do not use this site. They suck. Cellunlocker.net is better..but they do not have the unlock for AT&T L920.

I have been using this service to unlock Samsung Focus when I was in Europe.
    The price was 14.95 USD and the service worked.

Hope this help.

From a video I watched of someone unlocking their Rogers phone with an unlock code, the wording in the ATT unlock instructions is a little incorrect. You will be asked for an unlock "PIN" not a "CODE" which can be confusing since the line before talks about a SIM PIN.

Also, it appears the software on the ATT version is either broken or crippled. The code provided by ATT does not work and the number does not count down (different error message from first attempt to sequential attempts).

ATT seems very confused when I call to find out more info and report the issue. The local ATT store flat out refused to help.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    No. The AT&T Lumia cannot be unlocked as yet.

You need to wait till the exclusivity is over.
    You people are persistent.

YOU CANNOT UNLOCK YOUT AT&T LUMIA 920
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    You people are persistent.

YOU CANNOT UNLOCK YOUT AT&T LUMIA 920
    Wrong. I have now have a black Unlocked ATT 920, and it's going up for sale.

920unlocked.jpg

920dial.jpg
    Last edited by YeahMon360; 01-15-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Who and what phone number did you contact at AT&T for the code? What words did you say? I not an AT&T subscriber will they even talk to me? I have a black AT&T Lumia 920 using it as a tablet at the moment.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Banned

I'll tell you after I sell it

Quote Originally Posted by YeahMon360 View Post
    Dude will still end up selling it if its really unlocked. Are all the features working normally on T-mobil? especially the Data, wt speeds are you getting?
    Banned

Everything works, and best I am seeing is 4G speeds. My area is always on the slower end because we have 50K college students sucking up the bandwidth.

Everything works, and best I am seeing is 4G speeds. My area is always on the slower end because we have 50K college students sucking up the bandwidth.
    Then people who can't get the phone from ATT aregoing to buy it anyways.
    C'mon man, why don't you post how u unlocked the phone?

I am waiting to buy one. I am getting it for $350 but hesitant, since I don't know how long I will have to use it as tablet, instead of phone. I too want to take it to India, use it on IDEA or VODAFONE but until I can unlock it I cant use on those networks.

BTW has anybody even tried using them on IDEA or VODAFONE, IN without unlocking this phone and did it work?

Also does VIBER work on this phone. Viber allows free calls, chat between Viber users over WiFi or 3G, and is the most popular app. While Nettalk allows free calls to any US phone from anywhere in the world. Both these apps work fine on my android phone but I am worried after buying this Windows phone I will have to live without these.
    Last edited by Sanjay Katiyar; 01-16-2013 at 07:24 AM.

I bought one today, and contacted an unlocking agent on ebay and he said, the unlock for this will be available in April 2013.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill510 View Post
    Cellunlock.net stole my 39.99...do not use this site. They suck. Cellunlocker.net is better..but they do not have the unlock for AT&T L920.
    cellunlock.net are nothing short of fraud, and, thief's. They have stolen my money as well after I waited for 15 days for my unlock code, and, never got a reply or refund after atleast 10 phone calls followed by the same amount of emails.

Did you manage to sell the phone dude?
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek M View Post
    Did you manage to sell the phone dude?
    No. I only listed it locally. I cant list it here because of the 50 post rule. I don't have that many yet.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast