Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

I have a AT&T locked 920 and i got it unlocked from a place. the guy charged me 1.6K INR and took 4 days. but it works!

He is right about the servers. My guy charged me 1.6K INR and did it in about 3-4 days! Works fine for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Paavan Shukla View Post
    I have a AT&T locked 920 and i got it unlocked from a place. the guy charged me 1.6K INR and took 4 days. but it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paavan Shukla View Post
    He is right about the servers. My guy charged me 1.6K INR and did it in about 3-4 days! Works fine for me!
    Could you get in contact with him to figure out how he did it?

Who is your guy? Can you please share the contact information (Phone and address of the shop) so that I can contact him directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    afaik, they keep taking orders for US att 920 but offers no code to anyone.
    I have reached to cellunlock.net. They say that they are completely backed up on L920 unlocks. Although the site says 10business days, they have no control or any idea when the codes get released after they put the request. According to them they hundreds of request pending and waiting for the Nokia to release more codes. I don't think they are a fake or shady business but they definitely are not the ones to go to for L920 unlock code at the moment.
    Last edited by Chill510; 02-18-2013 at 11:11 PM.

I bought a full price AT&T Lumia 920 in NC in November and was able to call and get it unlocked by AT&T customer service in January. They emailed me a code which I entered after inserting a SIM from Vodacom SA. Worked great on 4G, when I got back to the US aT&T MMS refused to work until I did a full reset on the phone.

Hi Paavan,

Can you please give me details of the unlocker. I live in Delhi and want to get my AT&T 920 unlocked.

Thanks!

These guys are pro. All he said was he did it from some "Servers". I think that might have something to do with Nokia or ATnT servers...

You can google 'Mobile gallery,Ahmedabad'. Most of the people who carry out unlock need your phone to do it. They would do something (no idea what) with the phone for about 2 hours.
    What I Know for sure that the servers were down since last week and were back online since yesterday. So all you guys who are going to unlock with cellunlocker.net and other popular sites,hang in tight! Mobile gallery guys will charge you about INR2.6K. and will get it done in a maximum of 3 working days. They GUARANTEE unlocking ATT Lumia 920s when servers are up. which are at the moment....best of luck!
    Tweet me @paavanshukla if you people need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Byte View Post
    Who is your guy? Can you please share the contact information (Phone and address of the shop) so that I can contact him directly?
    Google "Mobile Gallery,Ahmedabad,India" they have a website. The shop is well known and is a trusted place

Quote Originally Posted by Chill510 View Post
    I have reached to cellunlock.net. They say that they are completely backed up on L920 unlocks. Although the site says 10business days, they have no control or any idea when the codes get released after they put the request. According to them they hundreds of request pending and waiting for the Nokia to release more codes. I don't think they are a fake or shady business but they definitely are not the ones to go to for L920 unlock code at the moment.
    The problem they have right now is that the Nokia Servers are down. So hackers cant do their job. From what I know for sure that the servers were up and running since last 14 hours

Quote Originally Posted by paavanshukla View Post
    You can google 'Mobile gallery,Ahmedabad'. Most of the people who carry out unlock need your phone to do it. They would do something (no idea what) with the phone for about 2 hours.
    What I Know for sure that the servers were down since last week and were back online since yesterday. So all you guys who are going to unlock with cellunlocker.net and other popular sites,hang in tight! Mobile gallery guys will charge you about INR2.6K. and will get it done in a maximum of 3 working days. They GUARANTEE unlocking ATT Lumia 920s when servers are up. which are at the moment....best of luck!
    Tweet me @paavanshukla if you people need anything else.
    Thank you Paavan!
    You are right about 'servers being down' - I have heard the same from some professional unlockers.

2.6k? I better of buying an new phone.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Mobile Gallery Ahmedabad has many branches which one did you go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    2.6k? I better of buying an new phone.
    Its INR 2.6K

Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Mobile Gallery Ahmedabad has many branches which one did you go to?
    Since what these guys do is illegal. I can not provide you with the complete details.
    drop in a mail at paavanpshukla@gmail.com and i will help you out! :)

I've sent you an email!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Cheers Paavan, I just sent you an email.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Byte View Post
    They would need your phone to do the unlocking. Remote unlock is not possible at the moment

I GOT IT UNLOCKED:

No I'm not going to link you to some sketchy site that I secretly work for only to have them tell you their "servers are down" or whatever, I got my ATT Lumia 920 unlocked through ATT itself. Here's how I did it:

THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT WITH AT&T (NOT PREPAID):

Called their international number from outside of the US
    Gave them my account information and IMEI and asked them to look into an unlock
    Got the predictable response that the phones weren't unlockable until June or something
    Asked the CSR to make me a support ticket anyways and forward it to tech support
    4 days later I got an email with a working unlock code (although the instructions for plugging it in seemed to be for old nokia featurephones, not Lumias, so you have to google how to do it)

Hope this helps you guys! I made an account just to help out, coz I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they won't unlock their phones.
    Cheers,
    Josh

Did you actually call from outside of US?

yes, I called their international help number (found it on google) from australia

Can you post pictures proving it? :)

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S_C_B View Post
    Why would you buy the phone from Best Buy for $650, when you could buy it from AT&T for $449?
    ATT wont sell them outright i tried that.

Global Posts
    2,091 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemsters View Post
    I GOT IT UNLOCKED:

No I'm not going to link you to some sketchy site that I secretly work for only to have them tell you their "servers are down" or whatever, I got my ATT Lumia 920 unlocked through ATT itself. Here's how I did it:

THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT WITH AT&T (NOT PREPAID):

Called their international number from outside of the US
    Gave them my account information and IMEI and asked them to look into an unlock
    Got the predictable response that the phones weren't unlockable until June or something
    Asked the CSR to make me a support ticket anyways and forward it to tech support
    4 days later I got an email with a working unlock code (although the instructions for plugging it in seemed to be for old nokia featurephones, not Lumias, so you have to google how to do it)

Hope this helps you guys! I made an account just to help out, coz I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they won't unlock their phones.
    Cheers,
    Josh
    I'm not an AT&T customer though :(
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast