Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

It's with great pain, I am sharing the picture of my Lumia920's shattered screen. Was returning from lab and took my phone out of my pocket, slipped and fell on the walkway. I couldn't believe my eyes, the glass did not hold at all! Screen shattered from 3 ft? I am not sure what AT&t\T will do, I will be going to store first thing in the morning and I do not have insurance. Does any body here know anything about replacement? Will AT&T or Nokia do it? I am student and cannot afford big money. And for sure I don't want to go for any other phones or return to my iphone. Please help me if any of you here have information.
    Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-1-.jpg  
    U_SAF likes this.

Oh jesus christ, thats horrible!

I REALLY really feel for you man. Thats harsh... Id contact nokia directly and explain the situation, and hope that since theyre on the hotseat with this ongoing launch that theyll be nice and replace it for you.

Please let us know what happens onwards. Oh, and get insurance on your next one :) .

If you dropped it, I doubt that you will get it replaced without insurance.

No wonder why we are waiting for phones in Scandinavia when you are replacing your phones at the speed of light ;)

Tafseren: should have ordered from Clove back mid-November when they got that white shipment ,) . Course, Ive since had to return it cause of battery issues, so maybe you dodged a bullet there... I think Telenor has it in stock, though? Sorry for going OT :P .

Quote Originally Posted by Tafsern View Post
    If you dropped it, I doubt that you will get it replaced without insurance.

No wonder why we are waiting for phones in Scandinavia when you are replacing your phones at the speed of light ;)
    I have recieved my Lumia 920 from my Danish Carrier, so I wouldn't say we're on the waiting list anymore.

Well, then you are a tad more lucky there :)

My red one is said to be coming in early January..but I am still crossing my fingers that it will arrive before Christmas eve. A lot of other retailers says it's coming in late December.

Where is the picture?

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    This seems to be happening a LOT with these phones :(

Just last night I dropped my 920 from ----20CM---- ....completely broken glass, the same as in photo above. I'm in love with WP and this Lumia but this is beyond bad. I don't see where is gorilla glass 2 here. I had a Dell Venue Pro with gorilla glass, dropped so many times and it's still intact!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Semiliner View Post
    Just last night I dropped my 920 from ----20CM---- ....completely broken glass, the same as in photo above. I'm in love with WP and this Lumia but this is beyond bad. I don't see where is gorilla glass 2 here. I had a Dell Venue Pro with gorilla glass, dropped so many times and it's still intact!!!
    It all depends on the fall. I dropped mine from 10 feet up onto concrete and just scrapped up the bottom and dented the corners. And the screen popped out a little and I pushed it back into the casing.
    I've dropped my phone 3 times. It depends on the angle of fall i.e. impact force and your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Visceral Monkey View Post
    This seems to be happening a LOT with these phones :(
    Its a heavy phone.. it affects the impact.

Yeah I get that. But still, sucks bigtime. 20cm guys

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Yeah I get that. But still, sucks bigtime. 20cm guys

**** happens.
    With my iPhone 4 i dropped it who knows how many times, dropped my iPhone 4S for the first time and the screen was gone. It's a luck game at how the phone lands.
    Lumia 920 has done amazingly on the screen test on the Youtube.

Never understood peoples expectations with gorilla glass. It's branding, nothing else. of course it scratches and brakes like any other glass, even if especially with scratches it's more durable.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    why use glass over a harden plastic? i know plastic scratches but wouldnt a plexiglass screen hold up better than glass in a fall especially with a screen protector?

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    why use glass over a harden plastic? i know plastic scratches but wouldnt a plexiglass screen hold up better than glass in a fall especially with a screen protector?
    Like you said, it would scratch more easily and imo glass also feels much better on these TS devices. Gorilla glass is now kind of a industry standard.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    If and when I get a 920 I'll get insurance for it. I drop my phone a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The galaxy s3 has gorilla glass 2 and I know one person who dropped his from a very small height and did the same to the screen. GG2 is great for scratches, but hit it right and it shatters like the 1mm thick glass it really is.
    Thanked by:
    a5cent likes this.

There is no such thing as drop insurance in europe:)) How much do u guys pay for that?

There is no such thing as drop insurance in europe:)) How much do u guys pay for that?
    $6 a month is what ATT charges

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Curved screen is what does it. Want less shattering than have Nokia go back to the flat screen of the 900. I think most people will do fine, but yes drops can be nasty. That being said, all phones can shatter.

I think AT&T lets u sign up for insurance up to 30 days after u purchase a phone. Call 888-263-3997 and try to sign up since the phone hasn't even been out for a month yet. Good luck

Global Posts
    1,622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bachthejock View Post
    I think AT&T lets u sign up for insurance up to 30 days after u purchase a phone. Call 888-263-3997 and try to sign up since the phone hasn't even been out for a month yet. Good luck
    Ditto on this! Sign up for insurance, wait two days and file a claim. It'll be $100 bucks or so to replace it, but that's better than $450. I'd say the odds of them replacing your phone w/o insurance are slim.

I also dropped mine and broke the glass (I had previously accidentally dropped it at least 5 times before this w/o any problems). Did you by chance purchase it with a Visa card? If so, Visa (on some of their cards) provides a 90-day accidental coverage policy...might want to check that out.

FYI, I had to add a line to my existing account and buy another one at the $99.00 price. I did not have insurance ($10 per month!) nor did the Visa card that I used cover it.

Good luck!

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    How does a student who "can't afford big money" have an iPhone as a backup, and a brand new Lumia 920 anyway?

Sounds like you have plenty of disposable income.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast