Lumia 920 Quality Issues?

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who returner his Lumia 920 because it feel apart. The screen popped out, and some other cosmetic damages too. Is this common, or could it just be his? I can't buy a phone that can't last for a month ... Anyone else have these issues?

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet is to read through the forums. There are plenty of other threads both good and bad about the 920

Personally myself I have not had any physical issues other than dust getting into the FFC which I cleared out with some canned air. Mine feels solid.

If your concerned I would wait about a month or so to let Nokia catch up with demand and also improve the Build Quality. They are getting plenty of feedback from Carriers and Users on returned or defective phones and given Nokia's reputation they will improve on it.

:)

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ya I got mine first day as well.. The OS needs an update to fix a few quirks.. But the build quality of the phone seems solid for me. I think your friend may have gotten a defective unit. Once MS fixes the OS quirks battery drain and spontaneous reboot issues it will be a solid phone. Update is supposed to hit some time this month according to MS. But as far as the build quality goes it seems solid to me and my wife and I both have one.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend who returner his Lumia 920 because it feel apart. The screen popped out, and some other cosmetic damages too. Is this common, or could it just be fell his? I can't buy a phone that can't last for a month ... Anyone else have these issues?

I have no idea why your friends 920 fell apart. Keep in mind that all phones, from any manufacturer are a bit more fragile than in the past. If you drop it a few times on a hard surface without a case you'll probably have some damage.

The phone has a one year warranty in the states and a two year warranty in europe.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My power button completely sunk into the side of the phone. Pretty lame IMHO.
Sent from my {Lumia 910} using garbage app Board Express

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Nothing here for me, but I do believe there are units with problems
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Any new phone is bound to have some quality control issues, but remember that forums are weighted towards people with problems because people with an issue to resolve (or just complain about) are more likely to post than someone happily using their phones from day-to-day. Problems with one of these "falling apart" are very rare in my forum-browsing experience, so I think that's quite the anomaly.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay, that makes me feel a little better lol. I didn't care about the software issues bc those can and will be fixed. But hardware quality is another issue. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett