Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm wondering if anyone would know where I can purchase a Lumia 920 (unlocked) that I can use in Canada?
    Rogers still only offers the black 920 (seriously?) and I lost my Samsung Focus () and desperately want to have a new WP8.
    Is there any way to buy it from AT&T and unlock it here? Or that can't be done?

Please help!

Thanks,

David

I guess there's no other options for us at this point... only eBay and Kijiji has some interesting expensive "deals"

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Only option for us at this point (if we want LTE) is the Rogers one. No one has been able to successfully unlock the AT&T ones as yet. If you are not interested in LTE, you could pick up one of the international unlocked versions.

It was mentioned that Rogers was planning to release the yellow one, but no time frame was offered and nor was any official confirmation from Rogers.

I'm desperate to buy one (ideally not in Black). I'm not a Rogers customer though so even if I did buy a Black one from Rogers I couldn't get it unlocked. Ebay and Negri seem to only have Black too. It's maddening :( Where can they be bought?

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soxoh4 View Post
    I'm desperate to buy one (ideally not in Black). I'm not a Rogers customer though so even if I did buy a Black one from Rogers I couldn't get it unlocked. Ebay and Negri seem to only have Black too. It's maddening :( Where can they be bought?
    Find a friend with a Rogers account willing to call up Rogers and have them unlock it for you. Then pay your friend the $50+tax (and a few beers) for the cost of the unlocking.

That's a good suggestion. I'm a very unpopular, friendless, man though :( :) What's the chances of a seller, Negri or someone, having a yellow unlocked one soon? If not I'm probably going to be forced to pick up an Ativ S on Telus when it launches :(

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    You could probably get one from the Middle East. There are a lot of people in Canada who are from the Middle East so if one of them is visiting they could get you one. I myself am going to Dubai for a couple of weeks for Christmas and I know its AED 2499 there and all phones are unlocked there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yellow? I know it's kinda the flagship colour for the 920 but really, not many people (especially guys) are interested in this colour. I hope the White will come soon too.. Otherwise I will just ask my friend from Taiwan to buy one and send it to me

I do have a distant friend in Sharjah but I'm not sure I could ask her to buy one and post it. I think yellow is the balls out uncompromising buy in toMarko Ahtisaari's design choice. That said I'd go white too. I just want to buy one! Let's make sure that if anyone finds out of availability somewhere, Negri, Amazon or wherever that they post on here so we get a heads up. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by soxoh4 View Post
    Go open up a pay-as-you-go account. Rogers just wants an account to charge you $50+tax.

Quote Originally Posted by snailium View Post
    Go open up a pay-as-you-go account. Rogers just wants an account to charge you $50+tax.
    Thanks. I'm with Telus though and I'd end up with a Phone locked to Rogers this way. They wouldn't unlock it for me if I bought it on a month to month would they?