Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

I thought I wasn't getting update notifications also. I had to wait 3 days for the updates to network+ and extras+info. I thought that was a little excessive, but oh well. Also, when wpcentral posts about a new app, I usually have to wait a half day before I can access it. Even if I scan the QR code in the post, it will not find the app even though a few other people say they don't have problems. Microsoft is punishing me for being a former iPhone user.

Yup, got the update. But what is it for exactly??

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    My wife's 810 is having this same issue. She's had the phone for about a week and still no notification on the extras+info update. I had to go in manually and update maps, etc. But can't do that with e+I or the screen sensitivity update. What's going on??

I have the same problem with not getting any updates. If I search for apps I know is updated I can do it manually, but this is not possible for system apps :(

Very annoying, and I cant find how to solve it.
    tumaykilinc likes this.

i got the update today, so maybe you should be just more patient?

After reading the other thread about the usefulness of this feature, I tried the screen with gloves on again. The first time I tried it, i thought I had a defective unit. You have have press hard at first then it seems to calibrate. This feature will be awesome. Not sure if the update changed anything because I didn't use it prior, at least I didn't have it working.

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    I got this too, made it start downloading it while I was watching a movie, forgot about the whole thing! Gotta check it out.

I'm from Finland if that makes any difference in availability of the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    I'm from Finland if that makes any difference in availability of the update.
    I'm from Poland, so location probably doesn't matter.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Turkey here, everyone around me got the update. It's still not showing up for me.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d_fens View Post
    I have the same problem with not getting any updates. If I search for apps I know is updated I can do it manually, but this is not possible for system apps :(

Very annoying, and I cant find how to solve it.
    Same here, has anyone solved this issue?
    I had this problem as well. What i did was go to the store, click on nokia collection, press the windows logo so the app doesnt shutdown. And then let it run in the background for awhile and after a couple of mins the update poped up on the livetile.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Andersson View Post
    I had this problem as well. What i did was go to the store, click on nokia collection, press the windows logo so the app doesnt shutdown. And then let it run in the background for awhile and after a couple of mins the update poped up on the livetile.
    Going to try it out :)

I got the updates by go to setting / accounts and long pressed the microsoft account and synced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenite View Post
    I think the super sensitivity on/off setting was broken. If it was off and you turned it on you had to restart your phone until the super sensitivy mode kicked in. Atleast for me.
    just lock and unlock did the trick for me, stops working sometimes, I keep it off anyway most of the time..

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    This update has fixed my temperamental touch display. Sometimes the screen just wouldn't scroll at all but now it is silky smooth. Nokia are on the ball with updates unlike other phone companies.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d_fens View Post
    I got the updates by go to setting / accounts and long pressed the microsoft account and synced it.
    Thanks for the input, It hasn't worked for me. I rebooted the device twice also.
    I guess i will just wait for like 12 hours and see what happens.

Edit:
    Got the update.
    Last edited by tumaykilinc; 12-06-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evoga View Post
    This update has fixed my temperamental touch display. Sometimes the screen just wouldn't scroll at all but now it is silky smooth. Nokia are on the ball with updates unlike other phone companies.
    I agree. Nokia actually cares about the users...

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I expect it probably also had something to do with tweeking the battery usage of the touchscreen. Just anecdotal, but I did have less drain yesterday after the update. I am pretty sure Nokia is doing everything they can to minimize drain right now.

Just a wild guess here. Does anyone with proximity sensor issues already installed this update? My black Lumia 920 with this issue is currently sent for repair to Nokia, but maybe this update fixes proxmity sensor sensitivity after many complaints about this?

It really drives me crazy that the update process is so flakey. Still no update for me (in Michigan on AT&T). And I am almost never notified about regular app updates. I have to search for the app to see there's an update. Never saw such a mess on Android. Wish I knew how to fix this! ☹
    tumaykilinc likes this.

Never got the update either. Tried few trick posted above, didn't work. Im in NYC metro area.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Never got the update either. Tried few trick posted above, didn't work. Im in NYC metro area.
    I opened the market application, then i had to go out for a while. When i came back, the update was there.
    I am not sure if keeping the market application open actually helped, or if it was a coincidence but i've got the update :)

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lottidah View Post
    It really drives me crazy that the update process is so flakey. Still no update for me (in Michigan on AT&T). And I am almost never notified about regular app updates. I have to search for the app to see there's an update. Never saw such a mess on Android. Wish I knew how to fix this! ☹

+1 It shouldn't take more than 24hrs for all users to see updates are available.

Quote Originally Posted by lottidah View Post
    I got the update yesterday afternoon and I'm with att and in Michigan as well, as far as other apps updates, I barely get any, I've had the phone for about a week now and only the first day I had 10 apps updates, so I'm guessing the apps are up to date..

what is market application? you mean store? I tried leaving with store app running, nothing came
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast