Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76
Like Tree10Likes
  1. xattica's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
       #1  
    Version 1.1.2.4
    I feel it more sensitive now.
  2. LevSer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #2  
    How do you get it? I checked for updates in the "phone update" part of the settings list but it says my phone already is up to date.
  3. karmamule's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    #3  
    It comes in like an app update, LevSer, not via phone update, so check the marketplace
  4. d_speed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #4  
    Yes, I saw a Display+Touch update available around noon today.
  5. bguy_1986's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by d_speed View Post
    Yes, I saw a Display+Touch update available around noon today.
    same here, along with updates from chase mobile, maps, wordpress, and TVShow Lite
  6. Sinabu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    #6  
    Just had the update come through.

    I wish Nokia would release a change log of improvements when something is released. I'm always interested to read what these updates do
    Red Lumia 920
  7. ExcaliburII's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #7  
    waiting for it here...but interesting to see its an app and not part of the firmware:)
  8. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #8  
    How are you able to see what needs to be updated/has an update available without having to search for the specific app in the store?
  9. a2thejay23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #9  
    my store never prompts me for updates anymore, it used to for a week or two after i got the phone but now it doesn't show me updates unless i go in each app individually in the store and see if there is an update...unfortunately this method makes me miss out on all the nokia updates like sms, display+, network+...anyone else have this issue?
    tumaykilinc likes this.
  10. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by a2thejay23 View Post
    my store never prompts me for updates anymore, it used to for a week or two after i got the phone but now it doesn't...
    Mine stopped prompting me as well, about the same time as yours did. Was hoping I wasn't the only one. It really sucks.
    tumaykilinc likes this.
  11. tarzanmarzan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    Version 1.1.2.4
    I feel it more sensitive now.
    LMAO I don't know why but I cracked up
    Muessig and HaibaneReki like this.
  12. a2thejay23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    Mine stopped prompting me as well, about the same time as yours did. Was hoping I wasn't the only one. It really sucks.
    i have a feeling the only way to fix it is to factory reset...trying to hold back on doing that though
  13. tarzanmarzan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    How are you able to see what needs to be updated/has an update available without having to search for the specific app in the store?
    Simple! Just pin the Store app to your front and a number will pop up near the icon whenever there are updates! I love the feature on the official WP Central app as well.
  14. tarzanmarzan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by a2thejay23 View Post
    i have a feeling the only way to fix it is to factory reset...trying to hold back on doing that though
    Before you do that did you have the store app pinned to the start screen?
  15. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzanmarzan View Post
    did you have the store app pinned to the start screen?
    No, I had unpinned it almost immediately after receiving my phone. I recall still being able to see what needed to be updated, and also remember there being apps in the store itself listed that needed updating, or maybe I am just getting the phone update and the store mixed up.
  16. Daniel Rubino's Avatar
    Editor-in-chief

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    Mine stopped prompting me as well, about the same time as yours did. Was hoping I wasn't the only one. It really sucks.
    It can take 12 hours or so for the update notification to appear--it really depends on your location and how fresh our news was on the update (sometimes we get the link before anyone gets a notification). Obviously there are only Tile notifications, so without it being pinned, you won't see it (there are no Toast alerts).

    Have you tried powering the phone off/on? There aren't widespread complaints of the Store notifications not working--not considered to be buggy by MS.
    Daniel Rubino
    Editor in chief - Windows Phone Central
    Email: daniel@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @Daniel_Rubino
    Socl: Daniel Rubino
  17. tarzanmarzan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    No, I had unpinned it almost immediately after receiving my phone. I recall still being able to see what needed to be updated, and also remember there being apps in the store itself listed that needed updating, or maybe I am just getting the phone update and the store mixed up.
    you're not getting it mixed up. The store has a lists of updates at the bottom of the screen that you can download. I got my updates around noon today and I'm in Michigan. Like Mr. Rubino said it could be buggy or you need to just restart the phone. Also, updates could be rolled out in waves but that typically isn't the case.
    Either way I hope your problem gets fixed. And think about repinning the store tile. Its handy at least for me
  18. Zolotoy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #18  
    Just got mine. Chicago
  19. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #19  
    I too have been having issues with my Store Live Tile regarding updates.....
    I know there's an update for x App BUT the Live Tile nor does the Store App register there's an update and the only way is to manually search to force update....
    I've done a hard reset to see if that's helped but as of yet still no updates for ANY app, bot just Nokia ones (which I know there's updates for like Drive and Maps)
  20. leftturney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #20  
    This actually made a big difference. I could never get my phone to be as sensitive as others, but now I can use it with my finger through 40 post it notes, and a metal usb flash drive or a water bottle as a stylus! I may be wasting my time.. :P However the consistent function of this has definitely improved over the older version.
  21. B T C's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    157 Posts
    #21  
    I don't know what they changed, but the screen still doesn't respond to my winter gloves. It does work if I wear a thin pair of gloves, but it was working with those gloves prior to the update.
  22. Zenite's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #22  
    I think the super sensitivity on/off setting was broken. If it was off and you turned it on you had to restart your phone until the super sensitivy mode kicked in. Atleast for me.
  23. ripple23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rubino View Post
    It can take 12 hours or so for the update notification to appear--it really depends on your location and how fresh our news was on the update (sometimes we get the link before anyone gets a notification). Obviously there are only Tile notifications, so without it being pinned, you won't see it (there are no Toast alerts).

    Have you tried powering the phone off/on? There aren't widespread complaints of the Store notifications not working--not considered to be buggy by MS.

    Store notifications don't work for me too (5 day old Lumia). I cant find display+touch, extra info in the store search too (maybe my search string is wrong). How do I search for this app in the store ?
  24. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #24  
    Repinned and then restarted phone, but nothing. Bummer. Maybe it will clear up in a few days.

    Quote Originally Posted by ripple23 View Post
    How do I search for this app in the store ?
    I tried manually searching for this as well and got nothing. I am in NJ, but seems like everyone around me has received the update.
  25. prjkthack's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    228 Posts
    PIN
    No
    #25  
    This is one of the few apps you actually cannot search for. All of Nokia's "system" apps can only get update notifications, or you have to find a barcode to scan to get to them.

    Also, if you find them in your windowsphone.com app history, you can look at it on your phone and get it from there.
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 1520, iPhone 6
    Surface Pro 128GB
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Display + Touch Update
    By garrymcd in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM
  2. Just got a notification of an update availible on HD7S
    By mehsdomi in forum HTC HD 7 / 7s
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
  3. Marketplace "App Updates Available"
    By spitothec in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 09:20 AM

Posting Permissions