Phone hang ups and screen sensitivity

michaeljholv

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, does anyone else have problems with their 920 constantly hanging up on them during phone calls? I'm assuming this is a screen sensitivity problem, as in having the side of your face/cheek touching the screen as it also sometimes switches over to speakerphone, so I'm guessing my face touched the screen buttons. I've been making a concerted effort NOT to touch the screen with my face, yet keep getting hang ups....today in particular, has been a bad hang up day. Is this common?

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The proximity sensor should turn the display/touch off when your in a call and the device is next to your ear. Is your display staying on while in a phone call and the phone held up to you?

bachthejock

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You can press the lock button after you answer or make a call while you bring the phone to your face. I pretty much have my finger on that side button while I'm holding the phone anyways.

michaeljholv

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm reviving this thread as I'm encountering the same problem again.....the first time I posted this issue, I had a bad phone and swapped it for a new one. Now, months later, the new phone is having the same issue, constantly hanging up on me (or hitting the speaker or call hold button) while I hold the phone to my face during a call. A couple things;

1. There is no screen protector

2. I notice the face of the phone is constantly lit up while I'm talking....it never goes dark.

3. I have adjusted the sensitivity of the screen to normal since I got the phone replacement back in December. It was working fine until the last few weeks. Now my frustration level has gotten to the point where it's nearly taken a flight across the room I'm so f#@*king mad at the thing.

Hopefully one of you have a potential solution. Thanks in advance, for any and all replies.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Possibly ur proximity sensor got dirty... try to clean it with blowing compressed air into the earpiece, I think the best place in on a gas station where u blow ur tyres.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb