Phone getting super hot during usage?

ndb888

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I play a game or something, the phone gets scalding hot after about 10 minutes. Also the same problem with charging. Anyone else have this or is it just me?

ndb888

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
another problem is that the battery does not last very long. Will Nokia replace this device if defective? I have had it since launch.

devilgunman

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Look at other threads under battery issue in the head line. It's very common. The problem is the app you're using connecting to internet or there're other apps running in the background that 're trying to connect to the internet. When that happen, battery is drained and the phone get hot. It's very annoying. Also some apps can access to internet while being invisible from background running list and you have no control over it.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
my phone only gets warm.. mind you the unibody is used for cooling so it getting hot isn't necessarily a bad thing

Last edited:

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Same here, gets warm (hot) if I game or surf a lot in 3G. Have the same effect with my OneXplus, so I believe it is normal.
The battery drain is indeed a software issue. Do you use "Battery Level for WP8" ? On some phones it causes problems because of the installed
software combination.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
if you connecting usb to your pc, transferring files and playing games. You probably know what is hot lol.

yeah, i play gun 4 hire and it is hottest on gaming.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had those exact problems. Extreme heat during usage and charging as well as terrible battery life. Nokia changed the battery. Same phone. We're good now :wink:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does it still get hot when gaming?

I don't game that much. A little dredd vs zombies, pacman ce dx, ragdoll run etc. I don't play for extended periods of times, sometimes it gets warm, sometimes it doesn't.

notice I said warm, not hot. there is a difference.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Look at other threads under battery issue in the head line. It's very common. The problem is the app you're using connecting to internet or there're other apps running in the background that 're trying to connect to the internet. When that happen, battery is drained and the phone get hot. It's very annoying. Also some apps can access to internet while being invisible from background running list and you have no control over it.

What apps are "invisible" from background running list that you have no control over on how and when it uses internet?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Tried Rocket Riot yesterday and it didn't heat up much. However, I then loaded Skulls of the Shogan and it felt very warm again (after 30 mins gameplay). My battery life is good and it doesn't heat up unless gaming (and only seems to happen in some games). Anyone found the same?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3