Where is your Lumia 920 manufactured?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I realise that this is an old thread but I've only just checked the info plate on the SIM tray and was surprised to see "Made in Finland". I was under the impression that the Finland factory in Espoo closed last year with production moving to the far East.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I realise that this is an old thread but I've only just checked the info plate on the SIM tray and was surprised to see "Made in Finland". I was under the impression that the Finland factory in Espoo closed last year with production moving to the far East.

I was also under this impression. Thats interesting..... pics? I WANT TO BELIEVEEE!

My box and sim info plate both say china :/

btw. for those who dont know how to get to the sim info plate, open sim door and take it out, look in the phone and see the small metal "thing" on the side, use the sim door key to pull it up, the plate will follow.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I was also under this impression. Thats interesting..... pics? I WANT TO BELIEVEEE!

My box and sim info plate both say china :/

btw. for those who dont know how to get to the sim info plate, open sim door and take it out, look in the phone and see the small metal "thing" on the side, use the sim door key to pull it up, the plate will follow.

Here is a picture showing the SIM plate on my 920. I will point out that the original 920 I had was made in China (I've still got the box) but this replacement unit says it was made in Finland.

CM130430-091330 (480x640).jpg

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
China, I would love to see Nokia return flagship production to Finland though when they are back on their feet.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What does the box say? Maybe the Sim card tray is a spare from Finland or something, looks different to mine too.

I didn't get a box with the replacement because they didn't send me a new 920. As I said before, my first 920 was made in China. As far as I can tell the SIM tray has the correct product code and IMEI number for my phone so it must be the right SIM tray too.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you not following the news at all? Last device Nokia manufactured in Finland was last generation Lumia! I know this for sure because it was so big news here. 3000 Finnish people lost their job last summer including some people I know.

What reads in that SIM tray DOESNT change the fact that Lumia 920 IS NOT made in my home country. That SIM tray is most likely counterfeit.
Contact Nokia Care and soon to get this information in the hard way.

I can assure you that my 920 is most definitely not a counterfeit and is the genuine article. No-one is arguing about Nokia ceasing production in Finland last July but there is still a mystery as to why my SIM tray states "Made in Finland". It's something I intend to get to the bottom of.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I suspect it's probably parts made in Finland with final Assembly in China...you'd be amazed at the lengths you can take to save money in manufacturing (check out the Toyota Prius supply chain if you want to know why it's hopelessly un-green!)

My box (for my original phone) says made in China but my SIM tray says Finland also... Though my phone is a replacement so I happen to know my particular one was almost hand built in Britain (at least, it went back enough times that there can't be that many of the original components :winktongue: )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett