Speaker problem with my 920.

Jay Su

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I got my 920 like 2 weeks ago, speakers worked fine, and I was able to watch Youtube and listen to music. However, after pllugging in the headphone to hear music today, there was no sound coming out from my speakers when I play music or watch videos from Youtube anymore even after unplugging the headphones. Now, I can only hear music/sound when I plug in my headphones or plug it into my car stereo. I think the phone still thinks that my headphones are connected to the phone even without the headphones being plugged in. Are there any solutions for this? I tried to puff the jack or clean it but the problem still exists (and it's kinda hard to really reach into the jack to clean it). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
May be an obvious suggestion but since you haven't mentioned trying it, have you tried powering the phone off then on again?

Jay Su

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I tried restarting my phone, but it did not solve the problem. I am about to do a factory restore and see if it helps.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem where when I plugged in my headphones the right channel would not work, but without headphones the speakers worked just fine. Took it to Nokia Care, they turned off the phone and back on, didn't work. Then they did a hard reset, and it was working again. So most probably a software bug.

DigitalDeath

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I power it off and on and it didn't work so i did a hard reset which bricked my phone for like an hour so i kept restarting it until it finally reset and even with that it still doesn't work. My lumia 920 is only 1 month all and the speaker couldn't have been fried because i barely use it with music on or games i mostly use headphones. What you guys think? Should I get it replace since not even the hard reset worked?

cwithoutfail

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Just try solution here: forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/243163-no-sound-coming-my-nokia-lumia-925-a.html#post2720227 (Sorry I can't post link, because of forum restrictions)
Remove your SD card, open up your phone, hear the sound, then shut down phone, insert your SD card, be happy :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb