Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Sign me up! Came from an hd7 currently using an unlocked 920 on T-Mobile and I love it. This phone is the one I've been dreaming of since windows phone was launched.
    snowmutt and a5cent like this.

Think of being a castaway for five years on a deserted island with no way to connect to the outside world except thru your imagination. While strolling along a pure white sandy beach morning breaks and an old friend announces a new day. Out of the corner of one eye a half buried bright, shiny, red object catches your attention. Reaching down with one hand gently retrieving the object your heart begins to beat fast, then faster when suddenly a forgotten sound emits through the air. Instinctively you flick a single digit across its face, a face that quickly displays an array of colorful, live tiles of varying sizes, some extending fully across, some only half way and still more about 1/8th the size of its original. Imagine, again, a genie called Nokia lies within that can grant your every wish...even more than three...email, done...txt, done...music, done...what day is it and the time, yes, the time, done...internet, you have got to be kidding! Nokia says there is more...yes, there is an app for anything sitting right there in Store (you are dreaming after all)...go ahead, I know you need your ESPN fix...a camera and not just a camera, you can take great pictures of the Moon & the stars or a beautiful blue sky stretching to the horizon...speaking of the horizon, how about GPS, done.

Wait...Nokia tells me I have a phone call...who could that be? "Hello, this is Paul, where are you?" "Could I call you back, I'm a little busy at the moment...no, wait, don't go"...then you begin rubbing your eyes, awakening from a deep sleep when the phone rings next to your bed. Its Paul, "Where are you? You promised to call me back!" Then realizing you were cradling the new, Nokia Lumia 920 Glossy Red in the palm of your hand you reply, "You will never believe where I've been..."

Suffice it to say, my new Nokia Lumia 920 Glossy Red is truly a dream. It does what you want it to do and more; but, you'll just have to get your own genie to see.
    aximtreo, a5cent and Luminatic like this.

Sign me up as well! Ha. Absolutely love the 920. There are a couple little things but they in no way make me enjoy the phone any less. The phone as a whole is wonderful. No real complaints. Must admit that I cannot wait to get my hands on a wireless charging device!

Global Posts
    1,657 Global Posts
    I have an 820, can I be an honorary member? :)
    snowmutt, a5cent and Rudiepoo1 like this.
    Count me in!
    a5cent likes this.

Been a windows phone user since abandoning Android for the original Focus and love my red 920!
    a5cent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    I have an 820, can I be an honorary member? :)
    junior member :)
    a5cent and iamtim like this.

Add me to the club - this things rocks. I also love that I'm already getting updates from Nokia that are so easy. I thought they were app updates, but they are OTA system updates. Rockin!
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Count me in, I love my Red Lumia 920!
    a5cent likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    You can add me to that list. I loved my 900, never had any trouble with it and I love my 920 too. I really have no significant complaints about it, it's the best phone I've ever owned.
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    It has some quirks, but, what device doesn't? I love my 920 despite the warts and look forward to the bug fixes..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    a5cent likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    What I'm happy about:

1- Ergonomics, the shape of the 920 is much improved over my 920, it fits in my hand like a glove. Feels so good I often hold it just to hold it.
    2- Crazy high resolution. One of my top 3 items that I wanted most in my next phone. The 1280x768 is a godsend for watching HD movies and viewing webpages.
    3- The resizable tiles and new colors, one of my other top 3 items, so happy to have this feature in WP8, it makes all the difference in the world.
    4- IE10, it's not perfect, but much improved over IE9 and I'm pretty pleased with it.
    5- The camera. WOW... one of my top wishes for the 920 too. I guess the daytime pics could improve, but I've had no complaints and the dimmer pics and macro rock.
    6- Design. I'm really glad the moved the screen closer to the top of the phone on the 920. Overall the design has improved in many ways and the 900 was already great.
    7- Overall performance and response. My 900 was good in this area, but the 920 with the more sensitive screen, WP8 and dual-core is noticeably more snappy.
    8- Multi-tasking has improved. Apps resume faster in WP8 and many of the newer ones resume without delay. Looking forward to all apps behaving that way.
    9- New apps. Already starting to see some great new apps for the platform and I look forward to even more.
    10- Other Misc WP8 improvements. Little things like the new OneNote, screenshots, multi-select for pics and Lenses have brought some more polish to the OS.

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    Please count me in too! I've had some very good phones in the past (iPhone 3GS, HTC Rezound, HTC One X), but have never been this happy with a phone. I'm thrilled to finally have a phone with a low-light capable camera. Most of my shots are indoors or outdoors at night, and it's wonderful. Audio is excellent, call quality is excellent, and WP8 is sooooo much fun, I can play with my layout way more than I even did with Android, but the difference is when I'm done playing around I'm very happy with the results rather than planning what to try changing next.

Love it!!!

Sign Me Up! I have had Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus S, Nokia 800, Nokia 900, and now Lumia 920 which is by far the best one yet and the Camera is amazing!

You can definitely add my name to this list!! I have had a Black 920 since launch and my gf's yellow 920 came in tuesday. Love the phone.

Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Thank all that is Holy, SOMEONE STARTED A GOOD THREAD!!!

I almost started a thread just before the 920, 820/822/810 and the 8X were released stating how we were all excited, ready for WP8, and I almost was sorry to see the devices get launched. There was going to be some problems and a large learning curve, and I figured as much fun as the anticipation was there was no way there weren't going to be some disappointment here and there. But, I wasn't expecting as much negativity as we have seen here in the past month. I was really starting to get worried.

Glad to see this started. Hope 8X owners get one going as well. As this is a forum, it is the place to bring problems and vent about shortcomings. I have no problem with that. But we need to be excited and supportive as well. People who are still deciding on the 920 are visiting this site, and it would be a huge shame to scare them off.

As for me, I am a Nokia convert who just hasn't converted yet. Will roll with my Focus S for a while longer and decide on a Nokia WP device next year. But I love the 920, and can see TONS of great things about it.

Maybe I can't join the club yet, but I intend to crash the party as much as possible, even if I am not invited!!
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    2,050 Global Posts
    Batman Black 920, very happy with it. Looks sleek, elegant and very classy. The other colors are cool but I like any tile colors go with the phone.

Cobalt during the day, and indigo at night when its time to wind down. Great phone with a great OS!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    a5cent likes this.

Great thread! Makes a refreshing change from a lot of the doom and gloom threads around so thanks for that. Its a fact that most people come to these sort of forums to post about their problems which makes the 920 seem like its a buggy POS but the reality is that for most of us, Nokia have designed and built the best phone on the market today. Apart from a few minor issues which I'm pretty sure will be fixed in future updates I think my 920 is perfect, I love it!
    a5cent and phirefly like this.

Please mods, make this thread a sticky!
    a5cent likes this.

add me :D matte black 920
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Very happy with my Lumia 920. My honeymoon phase is over, and now, I just think of it as "my cell phone". My last couple of devices have been Samsungs.

First, it was an Android phone, the Captivate, which was a horrible piece of hardware, and then I had the Samsung Focus S, with which I had a love/hate relationship. I loved it, because it introduced me to Windows Phone. I hated it because it had spotty call reception, and GPS, just like the Captivate. I'm not sure if this is just inherent of all Samsung devices, but I knew it was time for a change.

I love Windows Phone 8 because I love minimalism. I love the clean, simple interface, and notification system. I'm more than willing to touch an extra tile or two to get to find out who sent me a text, or who called.

I love Windows Phone 8 because it's smooth as butter, and everything works as it should. Windows Phone allows just enough customization for my tastes, with the sizing of tiles, the changing of color schemes, and being allowed to change a few key options. Yes, I love my Lumia, but it's a cell phone. I don't consider it a replacement for my desktop or laptop. I'm extremely tech savvy, but I don't want to spend a ton of time getting my cell phone to work like I want it to, and Windows Phone does work like I want it to with minimal tweaking on my part. It's almost as if Microsoft built a phone OS specifically suited to my tastes.

Personally, the feature I enjoy the most using Windows Phone 8 is the ecosystem. Both my laptop and desktop are running Windows 8 (which I also very much enjoy), so I'm able to upload files into Skydrive, add/delete/edit my contacts, set calender appointments, and make notes in OneNote in the Modern UI on my computers, and the changes will reflect on my phone, and vice versa. This is extremely convenient.

Now, as for the handset itself: Nokia has become my new favorite device manufacturer. I owned a Nokia device way back when, before smartphones became all the rage, but now that I own a Lumia 920, I'll keep buying Nokia devices if they keep makin' 'em.

I use my cell phone for three things, primarily: Calls, text messaging, and GPS.

I don't do social media at all. I don't have a facebook account, I don't know exactly how twitter works, and I have no idea what instagram does. But, I do know that Windows Phone 8 coupled with Nokia's hardware gives me outstanding data and call reception, an instant GPS lock, and an extremely responsive and accurate keyboard for messaging.

Not to mention the design, and premium feel of the device itself. Honestly, I can't decide whether I enjoy the hardware or software more, but fortunately, I don't have to choose between the two.
    Last edited by InnocuousScreenname; 12-08-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    aximtreo, a5cent and sudakoma like this.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Already 1 week with my L920. I'm definitely loving my new phone. Everything is silky smooth. Only 2 things I'm not happy with:

1. My battery sucks. It only lasts half day when my data is ON and I still don't know which app is draining my battery.
    2. Notification area. I have to unlock my phone just to see if I have anything new.

Aside from those 2, I have everything I needed in a smartphone.
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathain View Post
    Its nice to see a thread like this. I'm still waiting on my 920 but reading this forum can be quite depressing at times.
    Don't get too depressed. Every phone has forums full of stories about glitches, problems and complaints. Nothing is perfect. The mere fact that there's so many issues being reported here means a lot of people are trying out the WP8's. And that's a good thing. But birth is a painful process so we're going to have to weather the storm for the next few years.
    a5cent likes this.

Waiting to become a member here ... I've ordered the yellow Lumia 920 ... an while waiting, I see so many opportunities for taking some lovely lowlight pictures (I almost see no sunlight these days! Working in an office, it's dark when I get there and its dark when I leave). What can I say, I'm a mobile phone camera addict, and this goes way back before smartphones existed.
    This is the first time I decided for a new phone even though I'm happy with my present one. But when I was able to hold it and try it out, it felt like it was made for my hands. Same as it was with the Lumia 800. Who knows, my lovely Lumia 800 might just introduce my mother to the world of smartphones which would be kind of cool.

And when my Lumia 920 is finally here, I'm going to introduce it to my other phone, the Nokia 808. I'll lay them down next to each other at a comfortable, secluded area of my flat, i'll play some nice music, lighten some candles ... well ... you never now ... just imagine what a ridiculously good camera phone would come out if these two had a baby
    Happy WP user :P
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I wanna marry mine. It's just so awesome!

My batterylife is insane. Got around 2.5 days with very heavy usage before I managed to drain it. I'm very happy with it!
    a5cent likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast