Happy Lumia 920 & WP8 users Club

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank all that is Holy, SOMEONE STARTED A GOOD THREAD!!!:excited:

I almost started a thread just before the 920, 820/822/810 and the 8X were released stating how we were all excited, ready for WP8, and I almost was sorry to see the devices get launched. There was going to be some problems and a large learning curve, and I figured as much fun as the anticipation was there was no way there weren't going to be some disappointment here and there. But, I wasn't expecting as much negativity as we have seen here in the past month. I was really starting to get worried.

Glad to see this started. Hope 8X owners get one going as well. As this is a forum, it is the place to bring problems and vent about shortcomings. I have no problem with that. But we need to be excited and supportive as well. People who are still deciding on the 920 are visiting this site, and it would be a huge shame to scare them off.

As for me, I am a Nokia convert who just hasn't converted yet. Will roll with my Focus S for a while longer and decide on a Nokia WP device next year. But I love the 920, and can see TONS of great things about it.

Maybe I can't join the club yet, but I intend to crash the party as much as possible, even if I am not invited!! :grin:

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Batman Black 920, very happy with it. Looks sleek, elegant and very classy. The other colors are cool but I like any tile colors go with the phone.

Cobalt during the day, and indigo at night when its time to wind down. Great phone with a great OS!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Great thread! Makes a refreshing change from a lot of the doom and gloom threads around so thanks for that. Its a fact that most people come to these sort of forums to post about their problems which makes the 920 seem like its a buggy POS but the reality is that for most of us, Nokia have designed and built the best phone on the market today. Apart from a few minor issues which I'm pretty sure will be fixed in future updates I think my 920 is perfect, I love it!

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with my Lumia 920. My honeymoon phase is over, and now, I just think of it as "my cell phone". My last couple of devices have been Samsungs.

First, it was an Android phone, the Captivate, which was a horrible piece of hardware, and then I had the Samsung Focus S, with which I had a love/hate relationship. I loved it, because it introduced me to Windows Phone. I hated it because it had spotty call reception, and GPS, just like the Captivate. I'm not sure if this is just inherent of all Samsung devices, but I knew it was time for a change.

I love Windows Phone 8 because I love minimalism. I love the clean, simple interface, and notification system. I'm more than willing to touch an extra tile or two to get to find out who sent me a text, or who called.

I love Windows Phone 8 because it's smooth as butter, and everything works as it should. Windows Phone allows just enough customization for my tastes, with the sizing of tiles, the changing of color schemes, and being allowed to change a few key options. Yes, I love my Lumia, but it's a cell phone. I don't consider it a replacement for my desktop or laptop. I'm extremely tech savvy, but I don't want to spend a ton of time getting my cell phone to work like I want it to, and Windows Phone does work like I want it to with minimal tweaking on my part. It's almost as if Microsoft built a phone OS specifically suited to my tastes.

Personally, the feature I enjoy the most using Windows Phone 8 is the ecosystem. Both my laptop and desktop are running Windows 8 (which I also very much enjoy), so I'm able to upload files into Skydrive, add/delete/edit my contacts, set calender appointments, and make notes in OneNote in the Modern UI on my computers, and the changes will reflect on my phone, and vice versa. This is extremely convenient.

Now, as for the handset itself: Nokia has become my new favorite device manufacturer. I owned a Nokia device way back when, before smartphones became all the rage, but now that I own a Lumia 920, I'll keep buying Nokia devices if they keep makin' 'em.

I use my cell phone for three things, primarily: Calls, text messaging, and GPS.

I don't do social media at all. I don't have a facebook account, I don't know exactly how twitter works, and I have no idea what instagram does. But, I do know that Windows Phone 8 coupled with Nokia's hardware gives me outstanding data and call reception, an instant GPS lock, and an extremely responsive and accurate keyboard for messaging.

Not to mention the design, and premium feel of the device itself. Honestly, I can't decide whether I enjoy the hardware or software more, but fortunately, I don't have to choose between the two.

Last edited:

death_eater

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Already 1 week with my L920. I'm definitely loving my new phone. Everything is silky smooth. Only 2 things I'm not happy with:

1. My battery sucks. It only lasts half day when my data is ON and I still don't know which app is draining my battery.
2. Notification area. I have to unlock my phone just to see if I have anything new.

Aside from those 2, I have everything I needed in a smartphone.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Its nice to see a thread like this. I'm still waiting on my 920 but reading this forum can be quite depressing at times.

Don't get too depressed. Every phone has forums full of stories about glitches, problems and complaints. Nothing is perfect. The mere fact that there's so many issues being reported here means a lot of people are trying out the WP8's. And that's a good thing. But birth is a painful process so we're going to have to weather the storm for the next few years.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Waiting to become a member here ... I've ordered the yellow Lumia 920 ... an while waiting, I see so many opportunities for taking some lovely lowlight pictures (I almost see no sunlight these days! Working in an office, it's dark when I get there and its dark when I leave). What can I say, I'm a mobile phone camera addict, and this goes way back before smartphones existed.
This is the first time I decided for a new phone even though I'm happy with my present one. But when I was able to hold it and try it out, it felt like it was made for my hands. Same as it was with the Lumia 800. Who knows, my lovely Lumia 800 might just introduce my mother to the world of smartphones which would be kind of cool.

And when my Lumia 920 is finally here, I'm going to introduce it to my other phone, the Nokia 808. I'll lay them down next to each other at a comfortable, secluded area of my flat, i'll play some nice music, lighten some candles ... well ... you never now ... just imagine what a ridiculously good camera phone would come out if these two had a baby :love:

Redspeed93

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I wanna marry mine. It's just so awesome! :love:

My batterylife is insane. Got around 2.5 days with very heavy usage before I managed to drain it. I'm very happy with it!

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You can count me in! Nice to see a positive thread as well! I'm very happy with my Lumia 920 and look forward to seeing what updates come out for this phone. The positives of this phone are much greater than the cons. Windows Phone 8 is the coolest OS I have ever used!

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife said it best. (iPhone 4 user)...."ever since you got that new phone, your iPad stays in truck"

Not exactly true. I reach for it because of tapatalk, Itap, and banking. But I was a HEAVY iPad user away from my desk. I'm amazed at this phone. Just a couple of apps away from killing off my tablet. (however, remote desktop will keep the tablet around forever)

Zenite

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with my Lumia 920. Not a single problem with the phone. No issues with the battery or build quality. No random reboots or software crashes. I hope that Lumia 920 gets loong time support!

Best phone of 2012. Nokia is back on track.:amaze:

swimdng

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Got my L920 White on 12/1 and is loving it! Moved from Sprint HTC EVO.
The phone design awesome, the OS a beauty and baby bottom smoooth, unrivaled battery life (lucky me). Couldn't be happier with my switch. Never thought I would switch to ATT for any phone. So far the experience has been a great one.
I only have one minor issue, phone can get slippery when my hand is dry during the winter and there is facial oil on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos