Lumia 920 is too heavy... is all BS! Its weight is actually bearable

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I just went over to the folks at Microsoft. Here in Manila, Philippines their office is the same building as ours and when they informed us that they have a demo unit of Nokia Lumia 920 I was happy to go to their office. It was a while Lumia 920 and it was a thing of beauty, as I held it with one hand, I really did not notice it being that too heavy as others have reported, it's actually almost the same as my Lumia 800.
The screen is vivid and I got a chance to play with the camera and boy... it does shoot very good pictures under low lighting conditions. I'm really very eager now to get this over the 8x (although I have not seen it yet). So the heavy thing could be the usual excuse because I could not find anything wrong with it.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Its not heavy, but it is BIG. I recently picked up my Trophy and old Droid Incredible. Both those phones I could easily use with one hand. Not having the biggest of hands, it can be uncomfortable trying to use this one with one hand, especially with the back being so smooth, feels like it will slip out of my hand. I try to use two hands most of the time. Just feels more comfortable and safer.

Rhuey46

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the term "heavy" is used relatively - especially against the iPhone 5, but in actual fact the word is an exaggeration. I think almost all phones these days are pretty light, it was only in the old days when people carried bricks around was weight a concern. Why would it be an issue now?

UoTegne

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The first observation that anyone who's held my 920 is,"It's quite heavy isn't it?" before happily going on to play around with the features.
I rather like the little extra weight over my old N8 as I definitely know it's in my pocket.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Again, everyone is misinterpreting his post. He has said that the too heavy excuse is a steaming pile of refuse. And has specifically said it isn't too heavy.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
It's neither to heavy nor to big unless you start comparing with other phones. Seriously. WHAT is the big deal here? I can find plenty of phones that are both heavier and lighter than this Lumia. It's all relative. When it comes to reports of any device being to this or to that, it is ALWAYS best just to see for yourself. It's very subjective. I happen to think its on the heavy side but I also could care less as I hate all these lite, weak-a** phones that are hard to handle BECAUSE they are to lite or two thin. I like my phones like I like my men - with a little meat on the bones. Just one girl's opinion. :wink:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I shortly got my hands on a 920 a few times before purchasing it. I felt the extra weight to my old phone, but I liked it, cos it's a big phone and being 130g would make it feel like a toy to me.

Having had the Lumia 920 for almost a week now, I havnt noticed the weight at all anymore.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
everyone of my friends that has picked up my lumia 920 has said "wow that's heavy".. but it is heavy compared to other phones... but heavy here is relative i believe.. I don't really notice the weight at all though.

jivy26

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I love my Lumia, but regardless what you say its a HEAVY HEAVY phone. I think the last phone I can think of that I owned that is equivalent in wait is maybe the iphone or iphone 3g back in the day.

dumeng

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I love lumia too, the weigh just make this phone more stable to hold..

But yeah, it's a little to big for woman, my girl friend said that..
But no problem for me.. ^^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon