Headphones for your 920?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
One thing to be careful of is when the headphones are listed as "compatible" with Windows Phone This doesn't necessarily mean volume +/- or next/previous track will work it could mean simply that sound comes out...

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So discussion is around earbuds.. Not to hijack, but my skull candy headphones that i used for years with my iphone 4, do not work on my new 920. What ear buds do you guys recommend that will fully work on the 920. Ie. music controls, volume, and mic ??

thanks

confused Brad

Nokia purity , just got my white ones in the mail today, the controls all work perfectly (including next and previous track), I got mine for free from Nokia :)

The Samsung ones that came with the focus also worked on wp7, dunno with wp8, I will have to dog em up and try it.

gemini5150

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The Bose MIE2 (NOT the MIE2i) earbuds are supposed to be fully compatible according to an e-mail I sent them, but I'm too afraid to try. The Purity earbuds are more or less nonexistant in Canada, and the only place that has them is the Microsoft store in Toronto. I gave them a call, since I'm going there for Christmas and figured why pay for shipping when I can wait a few extra days and save on shipping and customs, and they told me that what they had now was all they had left, and they weren't going to be able to order any more. When I asked for clarification he told me they were discontinued. Not sure about the over-ear headphones, but WP8 accessories overall are nonexistant in Canada and it's pretty irritating.
The Bose are the Best for the form, fit and mostly sound. (Make sure it does not have the lower case i at the end of model number). They are by far my favorite. Just wish they would make none tangle wires (only downside). I have use these on all windows phones.

gemini5150

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia purity , just got my white ones in the mail today, the controls all work perfectly (including next and previous track), I got mine for free from Nokia :)

The Samsung ones that came with the focus also worked on wp7, dunno with wp8, I will have to dog em up and try it.
How did you get them for free? Does it really skip tracks too? How?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How did you get them for free? Does it really skip tracks too? How?

I talked to customer service and after several issues with my Lumia 920 and various exchanges they gave them to me as a "thank you" you press the pause button twice to skip ahead and three times to skip back.

ale_ers

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got some of the purity earbuds from the Microsoft Store. I love them. Might be a little base heavy for some, but I find that they have a nice range. Very comparable to my Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3's will a little better low end.
Control works great: Answer, end call, volume up/down pause and next track. Not to mention they match my cyan 920.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got some of the purity earbuds from the Microsoft Store. I love them. Might be a little base heavy for some, but I find that they have a nice range. Very comparable to my Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3's will a little better low end.
Control works great: Answer, end call, volume up/down pause and next track. Not to mention they match my cyan 920.

don't forget 3 press previous track

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb