Are Charging Plates Still Backordered?

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I received my charging pad a few weeks ago, about 2 1/2 weeks after getting my phone. It's the wrong color (black) and my phone is red, but I can live with that. especially knowing that others are still waiting for their charger. I hope you receive yours soon!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one early on from Europe the day I bought my phone at launch and got it in a week. The other one I ordered for the office has been backordered on Amazon for weeks now.

The one I ordered from Europe has a Europlug though, so I just ordered a 95 cent little converter to use it in U.S. style outlets and it works just fine.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine today. Hooked it up and set my phone down in it to try it out.

Took it off sent a couple texts and my phone hard locked. Had to volume down/ power to reset

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally called in to ask about getting mine (they didn't add it to my phone order on 11/10) this past Friday. The rep managed to get the order through, but mentioned to me that the plates were still on backorder. This didn't bother me; at least I would be getting one, after all.

Well, I wake up the next day and have a shipping confirmation from AT&T for the plate..... It'll be in my hands tomorrow. So much for the backorder?

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So frustrated. Called to sort out the whole charging plate thing two weeks ago. Took two hours of transfers and "I can not help you with that request, sir" to finally get to someone that was able to submit an order for the plates. I got an email two weeks ago confirming the plates were ordered. Call in to get a status only to be told that my orders were shipped and recieved (referring to the two phones). I explain that it was for the charging, I give an order number, no record. I have an order number from ATT. Been transferred twice already, no record of the promised credit to my account for the inconvenience.

Ugh.

nite732

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I receive my first on which AT&T charged me for. Instead of a refund I ordered a second one and it took about a week. The first one was black and the second is white. I use the black one at home it's hidden and the white one is on my work desktop.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
So frustrated. Called to sort out the whole charging plate thing two weeks ago. Took two hours of transfers and "I can not help you with that request, sir" to finally get to someone that was able to submit an order for the plates. I got an email two weeks ago confirming the plates were ordered. Call in to get a status only to be told that my orders were shipped and recieved (referring to the two phones). I explain that it was for the charging, I give an order number, no record. I have an order number from ATT. Been transferred twice already, no record of the promised credit to my account for the inconvenience.

Ugh.

Had the same thing happen to me. Kept calling in and being told that they had no record of the order. They reordered for me twice. The good news is that eventually they will all ship.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I guess I was one of the extremely lucky ones. I bought my 920 at Microsoft Store (they don't offer free wireless charger). Called AT&T Thursday to complain that I didn't get wireless charger (even though I wasn't supposed to). They placed an order that didn't go through. Called again on Saturday to complain again, finally they placed a successful order with overnight delivery. Shipped Monday, got today with $25 account credit. I was told by reps that yellow, red and cyan are backordered. Black and white are in stock.

If you haven't received yours yet, call 611 and complain.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Went to the ATT store yesterday to tell them about my lost charger that's somewhere at a USPS distribution center. Guy called them up, they didn't give him a straight answer. Immediately ordered another one. It shipped today, so I should be getting it by Monday at the latest. I don't think they are really backordered anymore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss