Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm looking into purchasing the Etymotic hf2 headset. Etymotic claims it is compatible with Windows Phone. I was wondering if anyone has tried that pair of earbuds with their Lumia 920. I have the iPhone version and they worked great on my iPhone. Now, on my Lumia 920, there are certain functions that don't work (like the microphone). Before I spend the money on them, I'd love to know if they are going to work.

Global Posts
    8,393 Global Posts
    The hf2 works. I used to use the same headset all the time on my Dell Venue Pro and then Lumia 900. The only reason I don't still use them on my 920 is that I needed a repair for the third time because of the slightly frail cable, and the last time the headphones were out of warranty.
    austinlewis likes this.

The non-iDevice version works fine.

While playing music, a tap of the button is play/pause, double-tap is Next track, triple-tap is Previous track.

At any time (including while playing music), a long press of the button activates TellMe to allow speech for calling/texting people, starting apps, etc. It even works with the new WP8-specific app-enabled voice commands. I have an app for grabbing content from DailyKos.com. I just plugged in the headphones, did a long-press of the button, then said "Daily Kos, download all content" and it did.
    austinlewis likes this.

So all the functions work? Including volume control and playback control? And the microphone?

Thanks for the response

I don't think that any form of volume control has ever been on the non-iPhone devices. If you tell me how you think it's supposed to work, I'll try it.

hmm, guess I just assumed volume control was supported. But you're right, now that I'm looking at the specs, I don't see that volume is supported.