Can Rogers Lumia 920 work on Bell/Virgin? And when is unlock available?

xcen

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm planning to buy a Lumia 920 from Rogers, unlock it, and use it on Virgin Mobile (Which is basically Bell's network).

I'd like to know what kind of network is compatible. HSPA, HSPA+, LTE?

From this guide: Guide: Will my cell phone work with a carrier in Canada? | tintedGreen

I found that the major Canadian carriers are using the same band for LTE, so does that mean that I can use LTE on Virgin?

Second bonus question: To unlock my 920 from Rogers, do I have to wait 30 days after purchasing the product or can I do it right away? I've heard people doing it once they got their phone but Rogers' official policy is 30 days.

Espada04

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can
Bought mine from Rogers outright. Called rogers to unlock for 50 dollars and plugged my bell sim in. LTE works. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is internet share.
you'll also have to manually put in the mms apn setting.

xcen

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you have an existing account with Rogers or did you have to create a new account with Rogers and then close it after the unlock?

Thanks for the reply btw! :D

kevinrichard

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are in need to unlock your mobile from Rogers Network in Canada, You can definitely do it. You can get the unlock code for Nokia Lumia 920 from Classicunlocking.com with easy instructions about how to unlock the mobile. After that you can prefer any type of networks which is compatible to you. The Unlocking process would take maximum of 2 days.

Shai Petel

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can
Bought mine from Rogers outright. Called rogers to unlock for 50 dollars and plugged my bell sim in. LTE works. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is internet share.
you'll also have to manually put in the mms apn setting.

I just did the same with Virgin mobile in Canada, what ever I do - I only get 4g, never LTE.
I'm in great LTE reception area, and have LTE sim card.

Can you post the APN / network settings you use to get LTE? I even called virgin tech support they told me some IMEI numbers can't be guaranteed for LTE... that sounds very strange to me, why would the IMEI number/specific device be blocked and another working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, although I do get solid 4g which is fast enough.

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just did the same with Virgin mobile in Canada, what ever I do - I only get 4g, never LTE.
I'm in great LTE reception area, and have LTE sim card.

Can you post the APN / network settings you use to get LTE? I even called virgin tech support they told me some IMEI numbers can't be guaranteed for LTE... that sounds very strange to me, why would the IMEI number/specific device be blocked and another working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, although I do get solid 4g which is fast enough.
Have you tried the Nokia Access Point app ? access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99