Battery draining

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

There have been a number of updates over the past few days so I am not sure exactly what is causing this but this morning I left for work with 100% charge on my battery as I usually do, on a normal day I get home with about 25% remaining however this morning by 11am I was down to 11% so I put the phone on the charger (not wireless) and left it there and went about my day.

When it was fully charged I took it off the charger, made one 2 minute phone call, checked my email and the battery meter was down to 86%, that can't be right can it?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had really crummy battery life as well. I'm really considering returning the phone tomorrow. Does yours get real hot during moderate use?

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No I havent had a problem with it getting hot and let me clarify, I have had this phone for about a month and the battery life has been fine, this just started over the past few days. I am assuming that one of the recent updates caused this but actually thats just a guess.

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
mine drains battery very fast when surfing webpages over 3g connection. It gets warm to touch as well.
If I leave it or if I use it to check emails only, it's fine. It lasts for the whole day with 3g connection (as in with 50% left over) but once I start using the 3g to surf webpages, it drains like mad and will usually use up around half with just 1 hour or 2 of surfing.

I wonder if it has to do with the connection here...maybe the connection here isn't that stable so when i surf it sorts of sends signals again and again...i am not sure. The bar strength looked alright (most of the time full).

yaoye78

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Check apps first. Sometimes apps like facebook and skype could cause big trouble.

When skype is causing problem, you will notice that your main email has trouble to sync. (try to press the update button on Mail app). If this is the case, you will need to uninstall skype, then restart. This just happened to me this morning (battery was drained at a pace of 30% per hour)

Hi All,

There have been a number of updates over the past few days so I am not sure exactly what is causing this but this morning I left for work with 100% charge on my battery as I usually do, on a normal day I get home with about 25% remaining however this morning by 11am I was down to 11% so I put the phone on the charger (not wireless) and left it there and went about my day.

When it was fully charged I took it off the charger, made one 2 minute phone call, checked my email and the battery meter was down to 86%, that can't be right can it?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My battery was awesome when I got the phone. I'm not sure after which update it changed, but it's horrid now. I've uninstalled all my apps one by one to find the culprit and I can't. Soon as it hits 60% it just drops like a rock. I used to be able to go from 5am to 11pm with around 30% under moderate to heavy use. Now It's dead by 6pm with very little use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes