Lumia 920 Headphone jack not working properly?

captaincurly

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I also have this problem, I have tried multiple reboots and resets, and I have tried 3 different headphones and the problem is only getting worse. I am beginning to lose sound though the one ear that works so it randomly cuts out every so often. The problem has persisted for 4 days now, help!

jefferson66

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Same issue. Happens randomly when certain audio things happen (alerts, alarms, various sounds, songs, etc)

Restart usually fixes it. Weird thing - when it does happen, if I pull the headphone jack out a little bit, then you can hear out of both ears again.

gordocabezot

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hola. A mi me paso y es porque entr? suciedad en el jack. Lo limpi? con el soplete de aire. Pasa cada tanto. Saludos
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_413 using Tapatalk

ajeesh yacob

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
the reason for the this issue is "turn on" ringer while using headphone..
So turn off ringer while using headphone.

if failed restart.. this prob exists from black update

ManasaSree Tondepu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I completely freaked out when this happened with me.
A reboot definitely fixed it for me but rebooting it every time you face this issue is annoying.
Though i have no permanent solution for this i think if we try to pull out the earphone's a very little bit out of the jack at one perticular point you can hear sound from both the sides. I think this is little better than to have to power off n on again.
I'm using lumia 920 red with skull candy headphones.

Pablo Porcel

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
ok i need help with this. one day while listening to music my 920 stopped playing trough the nokia headphones, and when i pluged them it only works for a few seconds then the music stops and if i tap play it plays trough speakers.the ehadphones work fine on my laptop and coloud pop and boom have the same issue on the phone so it has to be the jack? i tried soft reset and now it happens only when i slightly unplug the headphones (it stops after a scond or two) but plug them to the bottom dosnt work anymore

cmonwindowsphone

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
for those who can't fix it with a reboot:

also. there are three (or four) prongs in the jack, one at the top right (when you look down with screen facing you). I was able to fix my daughter's headphone jack by carefully pulling the top prong outwards a little to give better contact (using a needle). Other prongs are on the left side. You may be able to do the same with the second one from top. But chances are small that this will cure your particular issue.
When you can hear sound only from one side, try to pull out the headphone cable one notch. On my daughter's phone you would hear on both channels now, however mono. That would indicate that the prong on the top right is pushed in too far and doesn't make good enough contact.

deraus, you just saved my headset from going on ebay =) the microphone was working fine but the controls were completely dead, but as you said, pulling the pins inside the housing to give better contact made it work!!!

for me it was the third pin from inside (second from outside, the first lower left pin you see with the screen facing you) which I assume is because my headphone is AHJ. I believe the deeper two are left and right audio, so if anyone has problems with sound try poking them out...they are deeper inside so it will be a challenge, but still much less trouble than replacing the unit.

Racioli

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Restart didn't work for me, haven't trying rebooting cuz can't back up. Keeps on failing at 97%. And I used all headphones possible, Nokia original too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon