Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

I plugged my lumia 920 into my headphones and speakers and found the sound was only coming from one side. Tested both with my ipod mini and found sound coming from both sides working fine. Anyone else having problems with their headphone jack playing only on one side?

PS also had the same problem with battery overheating after using wireless charger and battery drain accelerated... went to bed (phone was at 100%) woke up and phone wouldn't turn on...had to do a soft reset to get it back on.. have just been using battery saver and that seems to work alright.

Don't know if I just have a bad apple or if anyone else is experiencing the same thing...

Thanks!

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Alot of people have been experiencing the overheating/drain issue. Supposedly it's just a soon to be coming software update. Make sure you close all your apps occasionally (spam the back button).

As for the headphones thing. Try other headphones/speakers/jacks to verify it is the phone. It may just not like the headphones you are using.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

The headphone problem can be fixed by restarting the phone. It happened to my wife's red 920 and a reboot took care of it.
    Thanked by:
    Be sure to plug all the way in. If not the headphones problem may be the headphones itself, i was using skullcandy headphones and was experiencing some issues like Tell-me launching itself. Sound coming from one ear etc. I just decided to finish the problem and bought headphones specifically for the phone and that i know i won't have any issues. My problems are solved, nice headphones for half of the original price and they match my phone since they are Nokia
    Nokia-Monster Purity Headphones Black accessories from AT&T
    Last edited by Alex Rodriguez; 12-07-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaulerX View Post
    The headphone problem can be fixed by restarting the phone. It happened to my wife's red 920 and a reboot took care of it.
    This is the solution. I had the same problem, they restarted it and it was fine. Sounds like some sort of a software bug.
    Ikkari likes this.

Yup had to restart. Thanks

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Ha, I was freaking out thinking I broke my headphone jack. A simple restart never even crossed my mind. Thanks!
    xandros9 likes this.

Thank you, MaulerX. Connected my new Bose AE2 headphones with the 920 and was shocked that only one side worked. Phone restart worked...hope the problem doesn't come back.

This happened on my 900, could never fix it. Restarts and all.

Oh my.. I definitely freaked out when only one earphone worked and the problem persisted with other headphones; I'd be screwed if I wanted a replacement - since I got the device from outside. Reboot worked for me.
    .................Enjoy Life, you only live it Once.................

You guys are life savers, Just got my 920 on Friday 3/8/2013 and my skull candies stopped working. Re-boot fixed it.

Spoke too soon, right back to the phone doing all kinds of funny things.... The flash blinks while the headset is, doesn't seem to matter what headset either, voice activation engages, and static galore.
    Last edited by brunetpi; 03-11-2013 at 05:20 PM.

reboot did nothing to fix this problem on my phone
    jaqueh likes this.

Same thing happened to me with my bluethoot S9, after restarting the phone everything is working properly.

Sometimes my phone doesn't detect my headphones and plays the sound through the speakers instead. Have to reboot to fix it. I hope the latest update has fixed this.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedTheShark View Post
    Sometimes my phone doesn't detect my headphones and plays the sound through the speakers instead. Have to reboot to fix it. I hope the latest update has fixed this.

I get that too occasionally - unplugging/re-plugging fixes it

This phone is such a piece of .... at first my headphone problem could be resolved by restarting/plugging in and out, but now it's become completely dysfunctional.........
    Nokia Lumia owner 920 since November '12, still hoping Microsoft can get its act together.
    Also am a proud owner of a 15" Retina MacBook Pro

Found out an issue with my skull candy earphones: The phone audio either gets really low or it starts launching Tell-Me randomly.

What i realized was that the phone was unlocked i have the issue reoccur. However if my PIN lock is activated, the ear phones work great..

I hate the bugs but i tried going back to an iPhone and it was painful

Thanks so much! I was freaking out. thought my lumia acting up.. tried with speakers still the same..reboot works! thanks again!

I'm having the same problem. Been like that for months and its been bothering me. Tried the reboot trick, jack is clean. I have to rely on a device for audio playback so you can guess I've been lugging around more than just my phone because of it. Can't use it in the car....home.....anywhere unless its a Bluetooth speaker. Its horrible because I miss using it to watch Netflix on my down time. Was it one of the updates that occurs over time earlier in the year?
    Current Phone 1 = Nokia 920 WP8
    Current Phone 2 = HTC Surround w Mango
    Older Phone 3 = AT&T Tilt 2 (TP2) WM 6.5 OEM
    Current Level of Sanity = None ^^

Hello,

Thanks for the solution,after restarting my Lumia 820,both the ear phones are working.

Nijamudeen.s

Restart the phone,its worked for me

Yep, restart seems to have done the trick. I was a total ***** though and bought new headphones as I thought they'd broken.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have had this problem a couple of times on my Lumia 820 and a reboot has sorted it out. It seems to happen when certain notifications come through on your phone whilst either listening to music or having it on pause.

Just happened on my 925, restart did not fix it, i have a feeling something is broken..

I had this same problem. (on Lumia 920, WP8) I was worried since I use my phone to listen to a lot of audio, but the restart fixed it. Thank you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast