Using Bose QuietComfort QC15 with Nokia 920

Morgan Simonsen

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have a Bose QuietComfort QC 15 headset. It comes With a cable With an in-line microphone, volume up/Down and pickup buttons. The in-Box cable is supposed to be comptatible With iPhone. The in-Box cable worked fine With my HTC HD7 phone and I could use it for making Calls; the microphone worked, but not the buttons. Now With my New Lumia 920 only the headphone function Works, not the microphone or the buttons. I see Bose is selling a QC?15/QC?2 mobile communications kit With another type of microphone. Have anyone tried that kit With the 920? Does it work?

Thanks!

Morgan

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I also have the Bose QC 15. The mic and controls do not work with the Lumia 920. One advantage iPhone has over Windows Phone and Android is there are a myriad of accessories specifically for iPhone. Of course Apple has created a bit of a problem by changing the iPhone 5's USB connector.

r26k

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried a couple of their adapters in store today...not sure if I tried all of them but the ones I tested didn't work :( I am using the QC 15 and a 920 and for me at least the middle button is working (play/pause, skip), no mic though.

Does anyone know of any working adapter??? Unfortunately we have to admit, that this is rather a nokia issue than an apple advantage....HTC seems to work with those headsets or at least the mic (which is the most important part from my perspective)

please help us! we really want to use the QC15 (as headset) with our 920s!

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
IPhone uses different MIC configuration on the jack; I had to purchase the non-iPhone version of klipsch's ear buds...guess I have back up ear bids in case I have switch back to the iphone. I the buttons won't work until they come out with and app (this is how klipsch does it) to allow you utilize those extra functions. There's one for android, of course, as windows phone doesn't seem to get any love.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Tapiokym

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I just recently bought the new QC25 and have the same problem, no mic or buttons. I don't care about the buttons so much, but I'd really like to have the mic working so that I could use these as handsfree while driving.

Anyway, googled around and read some forum but found no solution. Then just accidentally we got new headphones at office and those came with extension cable. Just for the heck of it I thought to try with that normal 3.5 male - 3.5 female audio extension cable. Guess what. Mic works! Just amazed after work went to local shop and tried it with with very basic 3.5mm audio splitter.
Works perfectly! No loss in audio quality and mic works. No buttons working though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers