Random battery drain -- Caused by bluetooth

boatsnbeaches

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
For those that have been experiencing the random heat up and battery drain I have found it to be caused by an intermittent bluetooth problem. I have tried SEVERAL steps in trying to isolate the problem each time it occurs and today it happened again after disconnecting from my car's bluetooth. I have tried several different scenerios from leaving location services off, wifi, etc. The problem is it can take 2-3 days for the bug to hit. When I got back to my desk today I had set the phone down and 30 mins later picked it up to move it. The phone was extremely warm and the battery had dropped approx 30% in this 30 mins timeframe. This time I disable the bluetooth radio, the phone cooled and it seems to be back to normal about 20 mins later.

Now, can someone at MS or Nokia confirm this bluetooth fix is in the works along with several other bluetooth issues that have come up (phone freezes, hangs, etc that are related to bluetooth activity)

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
For those that have been experiencing the random heat up and battery drain I have found it to be caused by an intermittent bluetooth problem. I have tried SEVERAL steps in trying to isolate the problem each time it occurs and today it happened again after disconnecting from my car's bluetooth. I have tried several different scenerios from leaving location services off, wifi, etc. The problem is it can take 2-3 days for the bug to hit. When I got back to my desk today I had set the phone down and 30 mins later picked it up to move it. The phone was extremely warm and the battery had dropped approx 30% in this 30 mins timeframe. This time I disable the bluetooth radio, the phone cooled and it seems to be back to normal about 20 mins later.

Now, can someone at MS or Nokia confirm this bluetooth fix is in the works along with several other bluetooth issues that have come up (phone freezes, hangs, etc that are related to bluetooth activity)

good info. i dont have bt in my car nor have i received my bt headset but when i do, i'll be sure to keep my eye on the battery.

lol... i dont think anybody from ms or nokia is looking at this forum.

csfoley

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I have BT disabled but still have the battery drain occasionally. Don't necessarily think that is the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon