Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
Like Tree3Likes
  1. lovenokia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
       #1  
    What are the best over ear headphones for the Nokia Lumia 920?
  2. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #2  
    I'm on the hunt too, and I'm not sure about compatibility with the 920, but Aerial7s are pretty excellent for the price.
  3. pjs37's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    #3  
    Whats your budget like? If you want the best over the ear headphones period they can get up there in price...
  4. based_graham's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    626 Posts
    #4  
    not sure if these are beats I just bought the Monster Nokia Purity HD headphones.
  5. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #5  
    based, how do you feel about them?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by based_graham View Post
    not sure if these are beats I just bought the Monster Nokia Purity HD headphones.
    beats are the ones by dr dre.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    beats are the ones by dr dre.
    Monster makes Beats
  8. boneycat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    #8  
    I use Sol Republic. Great sound and less then the Dre's. Side note the engineer who designed these is the son of the founder of Monster Speakers. You may have noticed Michael Phelps sporting a pair during the Olympics.
  9. Anirudh Sarma's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    49 Posts
    #9  
    audio techinica ath-m-50s ~ 150 $ best value for money
  10. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    719 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh Sarma View Post
    audio techinica ath-m-50s ~ 150 $ best value for money
    I second this. You can find them closer to $100 and they're better than any of these celebrity brands, and most others in the same price range.
  11. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,643 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by based_graham View Post
    not sure if these are beats I just bought the Monster Nokia Purity HD headphones.
    Those are on-ears as opposed to over-ears. The newer Purity Pro's are over-ear (and have bluetooth as well as corded options)
  12. wp8nyc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #12  
    Itd be hard to say which are the "best" as there are so many quality headphones but ive been using some classic Bose TP1-A's and they sound fantastic.
  13. Khyzersoze's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #13  
    Head over to Head-Fi.org.

    I currently use the BrainWavz HM3 (on ear, but almost big enough to be over ear) at work, but at home I have Brainwavz HM5, Fostex T50RP (modded), and Sennheiser HD598.

    The problem with the Fostex & Sennheiser is that they are 6mm jacks (I plug these into my tube amp).

    Headphones I've heard good reviews on with 3.5mm jacks are: Philips Citiscape Uptown, Philips Citiscape Downtown (on ear).

    Audio Technica ATH-M50(S) are good too, but I don't know if has a 3.5mm jack or if you need an adapter.
  14. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    719 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Khyzersoze View Post
    Head over to Head-Fi.org.

    I currently use the BrainWavz HM3 (on ear, but almost big enough to be over ear) at work, but at home I have Brainwavz HM5, Fostex T50RP (modded), and Sennheiser HD598.

    The problem with the Fostex & Sennheiser is that they are 6mm jacks (I plug these into my tube amp).

    Headphones I've heard good reviews on with 3.5mm jacks are: Philips Citiscape Uptown, Philips Citiscape Downtown (on ear).

    Audio Technica ATH-M50(S) are good too, but I don't know if has a 3.5mm jack or if you need an adapter.
    The M50s do have a 3.5mm jack. There are two versions, though, one with a coiled cable and another with a straight cable. The straight cable is really long.

    I would suggest checking out this guy's Youtube channel. He is an audiophile and knows his stuff. Lots of good reviews.
  15. Khyzersoze's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    The M50s do have a 3.5mm jack. There are two versions, though, one with a coiled cable and another with a straight cable. The straight cable is really long.

    I would suggest checking out this guy's Youtube channel. He is an audiophile and knows his stuff. Lots of good reviews.
    Yup! Tyll at Innerfidelity.com is a good resource as well.
  16. irvin792's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,124 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    #16  
    Beats studio ;)
  17. Gken's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    205 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh Sarma View Post
    audio techinica ath-m-50s ~ 150 $ best value for money
    +10000 I have these, for the price they really can't be beat.
  18. #18  
    There are a lot of Great headphones in ear and over the ear out there in the market, but since we are in the Windows forums all i can say is if you want something that sound good, and that is COMPATIBLE with your Nokia phone the only ones that i know so far that are COMPATIBLE are the NOKIA-MONSTER PURITY. In ear or Over the ear doesn't matter. Before buying my Purity headphones i tried a few brands(Skullcandy, Apples etc) with my Lumia 920 and not all the functions works. I was having problems having to disconnect the headphone jack every time someone calls ,then after hanging the call the song starts playing without even connecting the headphone back. It was really annoying for me and for the people surrounding me. With the Purity headphones, mic work, forward,stop,skip and talk works out of the box.

    I imagine that if your phone is HTC 8x then you should go BEATS since that is what they support.
  19. masterchief1984's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #19  
    I use my platonics blue tooth earphones. Love them! Absolutely no problems.
  20. Gage Brove's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #20  
    I have Harman/Kardon BT headphones Wireless and Wired. They sound amazing. Harman Kardon - Headphones - Shop In-Ear, On-Ear, and Bluetooth Designer Headphones
  21. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,643 Global Posts
    #21  
    Ditto on that Harman Kardon set, probably the best sounding bt headphones I've heard to date.
  22. alvarezjpr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh Sarma View Post
    audio techinica ath-m-50s ~ 150 $ best value for money
    Another +10000...But make sure you break them in first. Don't judge them until you have used them for several hours. When I tried them out of the box, the sound was lackluster. That's when I found out online that they needed some time to start sounding...wait for it....AWESOME!
  23. Anirudh Sarma's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    49 Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    There are a lot of Great headphones in ear and over the ear out there in the market, but since we are in the Windows forums all i can say is if you want something that sound good, and that is COMPATIBLE with your Nokia phone the only ones that i know so far that are COMPATIBLE are the NOKIA-MONSTER PURITY. In ear or Over the ear doesn't matter. Before buying my Purity headphones i tried a few brands(Skullcandy, Apples etc) with my Lumia 920 and not all the functions works. I was having problems having to disconnect the headphone jack every time someone calls ,then after hanging the call the song starts playing without even connecting the headphone back. It was really annoying for me and for the people surrounding me. With the Purity headphones, mic work, forward,stop,skip and talk works out of the box.

    I imagine that if your phone is HTC 8x then you should go BEATS since that is what they support.
    the beats headphones are tuned mainly to boost the bass, this i believe may not entirely be a good thing. There are genres of music where this may be advantageous (mostly rap,hip hop and so on), but if you wanna listen to some tracks that have almost little or no bass (for example guitar solos maggot brain and stuff on the same lines) they completely kill the track by adding bass which should never be heard.

    Hence i believe that when you buy headphones you need to choose depending on the genre of music you listen to
  24. snakebitten's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #24  
    Grado's are absolutely killer with the 920. The 80i's are only 30ohm and can be driven nice and clean with this phone. However, they are more on ear than over.

    Stunning sound with 256 bit rate.
  25. jaethos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    165 Posts
    #25  
    I got some V-Modas on cyber Monday that are wonderful. At the $75 I paid they are by far the best bang for the buck. At regular prices they are still really nice, just not the super value I got. The color I got are $200 now on Amazon, but other colors go as low as $120 or so.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Velodyne vPulse Blue In-Ear Headphones
    By ninjaap in forum Windows Phone Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM
  2. No Beats audio over bluetooth?? What????
    By sniffs in forum HTC 8X
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 02:30 AM
  3. Why App contracts will make Modern apps the best over time
    By KingCrimson in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 03:38 PM
  4. Wonky behavior with in-ear headphones
    By marcbollinger in forum HTC TITAN II
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 05:59 AM
  5. Nokia Purity WH-920 In-Ear Headphones (Cyan) Unboxing/Mini-review
    By thepickupbear in forum Windows Phone Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions