Screen is too dark

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I has happened a few time already - when I wake up the phone the lock screen and everything is very dark. Powered phone down, on, works fine. Wake up again in a few minutes - same problem. Has anyone had the same?

Thanks

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I has happened a few time already - when I wake up the phone the lock screen and everything is very dark. Powered phone down, on, works fine. Wake up again in a few minutes - same problem. Has anyone had the same?

Thanks

I have not. Have you cleaned the light sensor area on your phone or ensure that a cover/screen isn't covering it?

Also, do you have your screen set to automatic brightness?

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this happened to me two or three times. No pattern. Just rebooted and was fine. I'm starting to get used to the idea that WP8, unlike WP7, is going to need to be rebooted every now and again. I had to reboot my Android phones like 3 times a day, so no big deal.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My first 920 was a black one and when it was set to Automatic brightness it would too often go to the darkest setting. I changed it to Medium, but you can go High if you really like that bright screen. My white one now does very well in Auto mode so I leave it there.

awsman

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this happened to me two or three times. No pattern. Just rebooted and was fine. I'm starting to get used to the idea that WP8, unlike WP7, is going to need to be rebooted every now and again. I had to reboot my Android phones like 3 times a day, so no big deal.

I've been using my phone since Nov. 9th and haven't yet had to reboot. I'm not a power-user or anything, but I have it with me all the time and do a decent amount of stuff on it. (watch videos on metrotube, check in on 4th & Mayor, email, text, update to and view Social Media sites, take pics, check ESPN, update Livestrong, play games, stream music, & check IMDB.) I'm not sure where that would put me on usage, but now looking at it, it seems like a lot.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Turn auto brightness off and set to high, then turn back on. The low medium high setting affect the bias of auto brightness.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
did it, still happening. Gliches like this dont make any other features valuable at all. Starting getting very annoying .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs