QR codes to Nokia updates

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Could somebody regularly posts QR code leading to newest Nokia updates? Someone did it for Extras+Info and it was really useful for quite a bunch of people who doesn't get automatic updates like myself.

Cheers,
Adam.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
As helpful as that might be, there is probably a reason why some users get updates and some don't. Might be firmware version, or depend on other Apps they have installed.

I wouldn't be too worried if one user gets an update and you don't. If it was meant to be pushed out to every single user, it most likely would.

Biornus

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
As helpful as that might be, there is probably a reason why some users get updates and some don't. Might be firmware version, or depend on other Apps they have installed.

I wouldn't be too worried if one user gets an update and you don't. If it was meant to be pushed out to every single user, it most likely would.

Well, I didn't receive the updates so I did a hard reset and they showed up all of a sudden.

There are definitely some issues with individual lumias not noticing pending updates.

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, the point is I don't get any push updates for any apps, either Nokia apps nor anything else and apparently I'm not the only one. I have to update what I want manually and it shouldn't be like that

edit: I did a hard reset a few days ago but it didn't change anything.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
A-Hel: try syncing your Microsoft account manually.

But I do know the QR codes for things like network+ etc are out there, just no idea where i saw them... theyre on this forum if you feel like searching.

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is one post indeed for Network+ and Extras+Info but I think there were more stuff anyway, and it'd be nice to have a pin post up to date with the new updates.

Lucius Fox

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
For anyone keeping track, so far the updates have been:

Display + Touch
Feedback To Nokia
Network+
Access Point
Extras+Info

The QR codes for two of these are here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...t-receive-extras-info-update.html#post1795308

Would be awesome and extremely grateful if someone were able to provide the QR codes for the rest of them :), I know that even after a hard reset updates haven't shown up on my Lumia either :/

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
For anyone keeping track, so far the updates have been:

Display + Touch
Feedback To Nokia
Network+
Access Point
Extras+Info

The QR codes for two of these are here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...t-receive-extras-info-update.html#post1795308

Would be awesome and extremely grateful if someone were able to provide the QR codes for the rest of them :), I know that even after a hard reset updates haven't shown up on my Lumia either :/
mine either :(

I am curious where one would even get the qr codes to begin with

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I didn't receive the updates so I did a hard reset and they showed up all of a sudden.

There are definitely some issues with individual lumias not noticing pending updates.

How long did you wait between the update being available and going for the app to update.

I did notice it could be anything between minute to a week with Windows Phone 7 already. never really bothered me as the updates are coming no matter what.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Lucius Fox

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The user simply went to their Purchase History in WindowsPhone.com to get the links to the Nokia apps

Now the last step is to get the QR codes. I did it last night but simply go to QRstuff.com, enter the URL and it generates the QR code right there and then. Then just post the images here. Bingo, update problem solved finally for all of us!!!! :D

Mark this thread as a sticky!

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot!
Yeah the links are the most important, the QR codes are just the cherry on top of the cake! I know about going to windowsphone.com but never find anything there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte