Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Bombay
  • 1 Post By Muessig

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I found this website, and I am trying to build up a list of places that are legit and not legit, but they are claiming to be able to unlock a 920....

Has anybody used this company before?
    They are making a pretty bold claim to be able to unlock any Lumia 920 and use here in the states on T Mobile and damn near anywhere

cellphoneunlock.net/products/unlock-nokia-lumia-920/

They have examples for
    ROGERS AND FIDO, Telus For all UK devices and all Tmobile USA devices

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Everyone makes bold claims, but all have a disclaimer that state if the code is not found they will refund your money. Try them out and report back to us.
    Thanked by:
    jefposter89 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    As far as I know, the only people unlocking phones are Rogers. And they are unlocking their phones.

There are sooo many posts about unlocks. It's not possible now. It seems that options for unlocked phones are either buy it factory unlocked or buy it from rogers and have it unlocked.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    As far as I know, the only people unlocking phones are Rogers. And they are unlocking their phones.

There are sooo many posts about unlocks. It's not possible now. It seems that options for unlocked phones are either buy it factory unlocked or buy it from rogers and have it unlocked.
    I've had three 920's from Rogers. Two of them could not be unlocked by any company out there (only could be unlocked by paying $50 to Rogers), while the third (a replacement from Nokia directly) could be unlocked by cellunlocker.net. As far as I know, they are the only ones who have managed to unlock a subset of the Rogers Lumia 920. Note that the first two phones were from the 45/2012 and 47/2012 batches, while the one unlocked by cellunlocker was from the 44/2012 batch.

Global Posts
    4,199 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I tried this company. I'm on orange in the uk and they couldn't unlock it. To their credit they gave me a full refund.
    jefposter89 likes this.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Ok thats good to hear hat they refunded it. People making a quick buck.

I received my 920 Developers edition in the Mail on Saturday just activated today on T-Mobile here in the Puget Sound area. APN settings were auto set.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I'm always frightened to provide my IMEI to a company I don't know...

I placed an order through that company few days back. Still waiting for response. Will update here if anything changes.
    Yellow Lumia 1020 (RM-875) Unlocked International

I just tried cellunlocker.net on my Lumia 920, 47/2012 version, locked to Rogers. When I checked the website with my IMEI they claimed that the code was in their database and is unlockable, so I went ahead and ordered it. A few hours later I was informed through email that they could not unlock it and refunded my fee.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Maybe they get commission or something for getting people to try it out... doesnt make sense if they know they cant...

I did read an article today at least in the UK, all the other Carriers will be selling the 920 starting January 2013..... So maybe at least the international version of the 920 will be unlockable by that time.

Here is the new story...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1055...ved-by-january
    Last edited by justsimpleinfo; 12-10-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: added news story link

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    and you got your 920 from where... ?

So how much did it charged you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by drugtab View Post
    I haven't heard about the unlocking source you are specifying about. but i unlocked my Fiancee's Nokia Lumia 920 from SimpleUnlocking.Com . This site provided accurate unlock code at affordable cost. This site seems to be a legit one in unlocking services.
    That one doesn't work with AT&T i just checked.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I believe you can use the ATT 920 on StraightTalk. So at least you can buy one at full price or on contract, and just pay the etf.... and move to ST