Battery issues caused by bad Nokia Charger!?!?

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I bought a Lumia 920 for me and a 820 for my wife. At first, her phone had great battery life and mine was spotty. I had gotten the free wireless charger from AT&T so sometimes I was using that charger and sometimes the provided wired charger. So, we went on a trip for Thanksgiving and after we got back, my phone has been great (15 hours and still at 65% type great) and hers has been dropping 8-10% per hour in standby. I have been uninstalling stuff on her phone trying to figure out what the drain is. Last night, since it was about to die, I decided to just drain it down and then give it a nice full charge and see what it did. I got it to shut down on it's own and when I tried to re-start it, it gave me the low battery signal and would not start up. So, I plugged it into the charger she had been using and after 30 seconds or so it still hadn't tried to start up. So, I switched to the charger from my old Samsung Focus and it responded instantly, started up and started charging. So far today, after 4 hours of standby and light use (text messaging and words by post) she has only lost 1% battery. So, my theory here is that my original battery problems with my 920 was because I was using "Nokia Charger A" sometimes and wireless the other, she was using "Nokia Charger B." We went on the trip and mixed up the chargers when we got back and she was then using "Nokia Charger A" exclusively and I was using wireless. Her battery sucked and mine was great. When I use something other than "Nokia Charger A" we get great battery life. This could also explain the random "bad battery discharge" some people are getting, where one day it is great and another its horrible, depending on which charger they use.

So, for all of you having battery issues with any of your Nokia Phones, try a different charger. I suspect Nokia may be getting a lot of returns not because the battery is bad, but because the chargers are bad.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
That would be crazy if it were true. I guess there will be a lot of 'refurbished' devices then that just had bad chargers.

I still think it's a specific config or app causing the issues, but that's just me.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
While it's certainly possible to get a flaky charger, I doubt everyone's battery issues are based on that. It wouldn't hurt to test it, though.

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I guess I should clarify. There are definitely apps that will drain your battery (Nokia Drive, Chat apps etc). If your phone is heating up, then something is making the processor run. If you have background apps blocked, and nothing open in the task switcher and are still getting battery drain at a high rate, then try a different charger.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Listen to the Duck people. While your issue could be caused by the charger, it is not realistic to assume that Nokia is going to see a large number of similar problems. But it is definitely a good idea for people that are having battery issues to check

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos