Dropped my 920. Wish I had a case now.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The phone was given to me as a gift, unfortunately with recent car problems I was never able to buy a case for it. Today while walking down the stairs I had my phone out talking to someone, and missed a step.

My immediate bodily reaction was to drop my phone to grab the railing on my left (left handed). When I realized what was going on I immediately went to catch my phone and fall all at once.

So I basically grabbed the rail and attempted to catch my phone. I failed and bobbled the phone causing it to fall from a higher height. (from a 8-9 foot fall to a 10-11 easy).

The phone bounces twice off the concrete floor. My screen is intact. Camera still works. But the bottom corners are dented really bad. And one edge is chipped and black (hopefully I can at least get it white again). It feels horrible.

So yea, grateful that I'm not at the hospital and I have a fully working phone, but disappointed that after owning it for two weeks I dropped it. My first smartphone drop ever too.

While typing this, I also noticed my screen was popped out a little more than usual and I just pushed it in. It clicked in place. Ugh...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You're lucky the lumia 920 is a solid and well built phone.

Had that been a Sasmsung S3 or something, bye bye phone.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mora of the story: don't talk and walk the stairs at the same time. :)

On a serious note, glad you're okay, and the phone survived, albeit a little banged up.

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I know that with the launch of the 900 AT&T carried silicon covers that were the same colors of the phone. I'd be interested in getting one for the 920 to use on the off occasion I'm out all day, but they don't seem to be carrying any? I think something as simple as that would have helped MacDaMachine.

MechanizedSunrise

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You can consider sanding down or rounding the corner to smooth it out again. The body is a uniform color through and through. I can't find the link in a quick search, but I remember someone did it to a L900 and it worked out really well.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Got this one for my Lumia 920, and looks very nice and doesn't add much bulk to the device. It's the Incipio Feather. It also comes with a screen protector, but somehow, because the way the glass edges is semi-roundish, the edges don't stick very well. Not to say the screen protector is no good, but I have not found a screen protector that actually adhere well on the edges of the Lumia 920.

WP_20121208_006.jpg
WP_20121208_007.jpg

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Got this one for my Lumia 920, and looks very nice and doesn't add much bulk to the device. It's the Incipio Feather. It also comes with a screen protector, but somehow, because the way the glass edges is semi-roundish, the edges don't stick very well. Not to say the screen protector is no good, but I have not found a screen protector that actually adhere well on the edges of the Lumia 920.

View attachment 24397
View attachment 24398
I'll definitely look into that.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 24397
View attachment 24398

did you get that from the microsoft store? I cannot find incipio cases for the 920 :(

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i got my otterbox commuter in today and while it adds bulk, the level of mental comfort and reassurance i have is worth its money in gold. So much i dont have to worry about now. This phone will last my two year contract for sure now

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You're lucky the lumia 920 is a solid and well built phone.

Had that been a Sasmsung S3 or something, bye bye phone.

seriously, stop with these comments. Every phone is susceptible to drops and breaks no matter the height. guy dropped his from 3 ft and it was destroyed just a few posts down.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
the only white case I have been able to find is the speck candyshell grip, white tpu yellows over time. I hope incipio will offer the feather in white or case-mate barely there

ripple23

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 24397
View attachment 24398

Barrier chief has a product that doesn't cover the entire screen because of the curves and leaves a millimeter on all the sides. I just ordered it so I cannot say how well it performs. I just saw a youtube video and it looked good.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 24397
View attachment 24398

My Zagg Dry hugs the curves rather nicely and has not lifted up at all.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll sure to take a look at that. Thanks.
Barrier chief has a product that doesn't cover the entire screen because of the curves and leaves a millimeter on all the sides. I just ordered it so I cannot say how well it performs. I just saw a youtube video and it looked good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3