Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TK2011

The other night my wife was at a recital and had an opportunity to take a group picture of several kids. There were my wife and two other moms. My wife had her Lumia 920, the other moms with iphone 4 (or 4S) and Galaxy Note 2. They all shot at the same time and quickly checked their photos. Photos from iphone and GN2 all came out dark and basically useless. My wife showed them her result and everyone including kids were totally shocked that it came out so much better. Not even a contest. One mom with the GN2: "Oh gee I got this just two days ago and it's already old tech..." LOL. True story.
    Mystictrust likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Great. Now try it in daylight and see the reactions reversed ;)

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    Probably not. The advantage by day of other phones is nowhere near as noticeable as the 920 is by night. If you just looked at the screen by day on each the difference is only minimal by day. By night the 920 has a distinct and obvious difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Probably not. The advantage by day of other phones is nowhere near as noticeable as the 920 is by night. If you just looked at the screen by day on each the difference is only minimal by day. By night the 920 has a distinct and obvious difference.
    Viewed on a smartphone screen the difference isn't even minimal, it's none existent. You need to view the pictures on a large monitor to notice the softness of the L920 pictures, sometimes even then you need to zoom in, but it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    This site compared Lumia 920, HTC 8X and iPhone 5 in daylight. They think the 920 wins. Check out the photos.

Lumia 920 v HTC 8X v iPhone 5 - Sunshine in Dubai - VOTE NOW!

CNet also had a comparison a while back. In daylight, it was basically a tie between the 920 and iphone 5. In low light, well, I think we all agree...

wow, the lumia 920 is crushing the iphone 5.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Were they using the HDR settings on the iPhone for photo #5? I've taken similar shots on the iPhone 4 and never had the sky washed out like that. Did they change something on the 5?