Music management

fakeaccount234

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, few questions about music management on my new 920.

1) When an album has multiple artists, both nokia music/xbox music likes to split the display into each album by artist. Is there any way this can all be consolidated into the album, and when clicked into, choose artist? I just downloaded a huge compilation, and with something like 30 different artists, but each only having one song, it's way too much clutter.

2) If I click on the top bar of music playing from the lock screen, I go straight to the song playing. Can I swipe back, or press back or change settings so that one of those takes me back to the main music screen? Currently, iirc, swiping back goes back one song, and pressing the back button goes to the home screen.

3) How in the **** are you guys managing file transfers? Obviously the windows phone app (I'm on windows 8) is utter crap, and whenever I try to use winamp or simply the file explorer, inevitably, the phone will stop responding, causing winamp to crash, and the file explorer transfer to be terminated. I download music very frequently, and like to change up the music on my phone, so I'd love to be able to do this efficiently. Also, iTunes got updated to 11, and I don't think it's recognizing my phone, for whatever reason.

4) Nokia radio thing. Is there any way to have the songs playing as their explicit versions? I like the urban workout sometimes, but with it all censored, it's kinda a buzzkill.

Lastly, and slightly unrelated, but is there any talk of a GBA emulator? I really want one :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
1. The way I did this was that I turned off the auto-sync option for the Xbox Music library. If you then use the File Explorer and go to the album through that, you can go and check the album artist and later that, if necessary. I have only one compilation album on my phone, but it is under "Various Artists," and none of the album is missing in there.

2. Holding back opens the multitasking. If you start the song then hit Home, it should leave the app in the background. Then, when you go to the song and go back, it should go back to the previous section of the music application you're using. However, I often start a song, then back all the way out of the music app because I don't need it and want it closed. If I need to do something, I relaunch the app, but that's me.

3. The Windows Phone app works perfectly fine for music on my end. Videos don't go as well, in which case I use the File Explorer. I open up Computer, find the video files I want to move, then just go into the phone via the File Explorer and drop them in the Videos folder. They show up in the Xbox Music app without issue.

4. No idea. I'm guessing what you see is what you get. I've had a playlist come up as explicit (but I was made off of all Christian-influenced bands, so not sure why), but I never found a song with cursing or editing.

5. Nothing that I've heard. I used to use a GB emulator on Android, but after I did a factory reset on my phone, I never found it on the Android Market again (TigerGBA).

fakeaccount234

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
1) Sorry, where is that option? I can't find it in the actual music app.

3) My main irritation with the windows phone app is in the size of my library. I've got 105+ gigs of music, and I'd love to be able to see a list, and as well, when I select sort by new, it doesn't actually sort by new. Plus whenever I make a change to something, it shoots all the way back to "A", and with the amount of music I have, it's annoying.

5) Darn.

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain why the music I have added to 'My Music' on Windows 8 does not appear at all in the Music app on WP8???
Thanks

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Same issue as PhilS, some music doesn't show up on the media player. PhilS, see if you can find it on Nokia Music

No joy...If I go to 'Music & Videos' I have nothing. Empty in nokia music too. I uploaded 3 or 4 mp3 albums to XBox music on my Win 8 PC. Original physical mp3's removed. So they still appear on Win 8 music....no sign on WP8...so no consistency there at all!?

YSDesign

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i've given up on music management on my phone. just all over the place. wanted to dump my itouch but, i'm holding on to it.

i hope nokia and/or microsoft figures out some sort of better system.

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Really this could be solved if there were more third party media player apps on the store. If Microsoft is serious about making WP8 the "best of both worlds" OS between iOS and Android, they need to let us tinker with stuff a little more (Swype anyone?) but if anyone is having trouble finding music, there's actually an app that searches through music maybe that'll help. I think its called music search?

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It's not a 3rd party issue though...If I upload an album to XBox music on Windows 8, I expect it to be available on the WP8 Music App. But it is not there??? It's a minimum requirement surely...or what's the point of the 'cloud' !

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea I find it odd that its not getting recognized when Windows 8 sees it. On the third party issue though, it may be one of the reasons. I've completely ditched the music+video app for Nokia Music because it recognizes all of my songs. Have you ever tried using the file explorer method instead?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium