12-08-2012, 04:39 PM #1
- 2 Posts
Hey guys, few questions about music management on my new 920.
1) When an album has multiple artists, both nokia music/xbox music likes to split the display into each album by artist. Is there any way this can all be consolidated into the album, and when clicked into, choose artist? I just downloaded a huge compilation, and with something like 30 different artists, but each only having one song, it's way too much clutter.
2) If I click on the top bar of music playing from the lock screen, I go straight to the song playing. Can I swipe back, or press back or change settings so that one of those takes me back to the main music screen? Currently, iirc, swiping back goes back one song, and pressing the back button goes to the home screen.
3) How in the **** are you guys managing file transfers? Obviously the windows phone app (I'm on windows 8) is utter crap, and whenever I try to use winamp or simply the file explorer, inevitably, the phone will stop responding, causing winamp to crash, and the file explorer transfer to be terminated. I download music very frequently, and like to change up the music on my phone, so I'd love to be able to do this efficiently. Also, iTunes got updated to 11, and I don't think it's recognizing my phone, for whatever reason.
4) Nokia radio thing. Is there any way to have the songs playing as their explicit versions? I like the urban workout sometimes, but with it all censored, it's kinda a buzzkill.
Lastly, and slightly unrelated, but is there any talk of a GBA emulator? I really want one :)
12-08-2012, 05:03 PM #2
- 2,710 Posts
1. The way I did this was that I turned off the auto-sync option for the Xbox Music library. If you then use the File Explorer and go to the album through that, you can go and check the album artist and later that, if necessary. I have only one compilation album on my phone, but it is under "Various Artists," and none of the album is missing in there.
2. Holding back opens the multitasking. If you start the song then hit Home, it should leave the app in the background. Then, when you go to the song and go back, it should go back to the previous section of the music application you're using. However, I often start a song, then back all the way out of the music app because I don't need it and want it closed. If I need to do something, I relaunch the app, but that's me.
3. The Windows Phone app works perfectly fine for music on my end. Videos don't go as well, in which case I use the File Explorer. I open up Computer, find the video files I want to move, then just go into the phone via the File Explorer and drop them in the Videos folder. They show up in the Xbox Music app without issue.
4. No idea. I'm guessing what you see is what you get. I've had a playlist come up as explicit (but I was made off of all Christian-influenced bands, so not sure why), but I never found a song with cursing or editing.
5. Nothing that I've heard. I used to use a GB emulator on Android, but after I did a factory reset on my phone, I never found it on the Android Market again (TigerGBA).
12-08-2012, 07:47 PM #3
- 2 Posts
1) Sorry, where is that option? I can't find it in the actual music app.
3) My main irritation with the windows phone app is in the size of my library. I've got 105+ gigs of music, and I'd love to be able to see a list, and as well, when I select sort by new, it doesn't actually sort by new. Plus whenever I make a change to something, it shoots all the way back to "A", and with the amount of music I have, it's annoying.
- 12-08-2012, 08:45 PM #6
- 12-08-2012, 09:25 PM #8
Really this could be solved if there were more third party media player apps on the store. If Microsoft is serious about making WP8 the "best of both worlds" OS between iOS and Android, they need to let us tinker with stuff a little more (Swype anyone?) but if anyone is having trouble finding music, there's actually an app that searches through music maybe that'll help. I think its called music search?
- 12-09-2012, 01:32 AM #10
Yea I find it odd that its not getting recognized when Windows 8 sees it. On the third party issue though, it may be one of the reasons. I've completely ditched the music+video app for Nokia Music because it recognizes all of my songs. Have you ever tried using the file explorer method instead?
- By baseballbert in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 09-09-2013, 04:35 AM
- By OptimusDims in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 40Last Post: 04-23-2013, 07:45 AM
- By the_thunderbird in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 12Last Post: 12-31-2012, 01:54 PM
- By dkp23 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM
- By ftap in forum Mac OS XReplies: 1Last Post: 05-09-2012, 10:10 PM