Sudden troubles connecting and syncronising to my Microsoft-account?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My 920 has been working perfectly until today and this might be something else's fault as well.

My fiancee called me asking if she would bring food, but her name didnt appear and it just gave me her number. I then tried to add the number again to her profile, but when trying to edit her profile it just booted me back to call history. When going to my email it would refuse to open the mail, sometimes just looping me back to the home/start-screen. I tried rebooting but same things kept happening, stuff very sporadically working.

When I went to the Email and accounts or whatever it's called in english in the settings, it would just keep "Synchronising" to my Microsoft-account. All the issues I had also did seem to be related to stuff that used my MS-account, so other apps worked just fine that didn't use my MS-account for anything.

This could be just something temporary on their end, I'm going to sleep now though and checking if it works any better in the morning, if not, guess I'll have to do a factory reset to see if that helps. Just really odd, cos I've had no issues until tonight and it acts really weird.

I have my outlook-account used as the login on the 920. The Outlook account works fine on my PC, so it doesn't seem to be any universal issues with the service. Also my fiancee (although she is connected through her hotmail account) had no issues of any kind at the same time, but she's also on a Samsung Omnia 7 running WP7,5.

AshDOG

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem happen to me after a week of owning the phone. Tried rebooting the device and it didn't fix it. Every time I would type up a text message I would hit the send button and nothing happens. And my email kept saying syncing... so I did a hard reset and it fixed the problem.

Today the problem has just cropped up again, I know I haven't installed any new software so it can't be a new program. Also I have done all of the latest installs so it can't be one of the updates. Since it's been days since any new update has happened and I constantly text/email stuff.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, pretty much same for me. I havn't really installed anything between the time it worked flawlessly and it "breaking" now.

I wonder how widespread this is and if it's more about the device or their services? At least both of us got it today, but I suppose if it effected everyone using certain service (like outlook.com), we would see a whole lot of more complaints here.

AshDOG

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes but it happened to me again after a week or so. So be ready to keep reinstalling the phone which is annoying. :(

Also is there anyway to backup your game saves?

AshDOG

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok I found a work around to fix this problem without having to constantly hard reset your phone (and lose your game saves).

What I did was go into settings and put the phone into airplane mode. After a little while it would stop saying synchronizing under my Microsoft account. I then went to outlook.com and went into my contacts. I deleted everyone that was under outlook (after backing them up of course). I then loaded Google and moved all my contacts over to an account (already had).

After doing all that, I went back to the phone and turned off airplane mode so it can start getting data. I then went ahead and setup the Google account to do email, contacts, and calendar. And it all seems to be fixed now, will update you if it starts doing it again.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That happened to me before mine completely locked and won't get pass Nokia boot.
Sent from my Red Lumia 920 using Board Express

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this problem all of the sudden as well. Extremely frustrating. A soft reset fixed it the first time but now that's not working. I can't send any texts. It says my Microsoft account is syncing and doesn't it let me stop the sync or check what's wrong with it or anything. WTF!?

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
click the gear option in outlook (on pc), click more email options, then find account details, it will take you to a sign in screen, go to permissions, and then manage link accounts. if nothing for facebook is in there then its under manage settings for all apps and accounts youve connected.

i still have facebook under people, its just not tied to my windows account anymore. It doesnt need to be if you have the account seperate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb