Sms time stamp issue

slicedmass

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue and anyone know of a fix. Its just the received texts and doesn't seem like every text is wrong but they can be right or wrong when coming from the same person. Person is always in my timezone with their phone correctly setup and some users on the same network as me. My time is automatically set and looks correct including the timezone. I have read elsewhere others having the issue but have found no fix. Rogers network if it matters.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue and anyone know of a fix. Its just the received texts and doesn't seem like every text is wrong but they can be right or wrong when coming from the same person. Person is always in my timezone with their phone correctly setup and some users on the same network as me. My time is automatically set and looks correct including the timezone. I have read elsewhere others having the issue but have found no fix. Rogers network if it matters.

can you give a specific example of your issue?

C s G

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue. SMS around 4.30PM. Got 2 when I was on a call, time-stamped to be 9.47pm, my reply was time-stamped 4.57pm (correct time).

Rogers as well.

slicedmass

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
yup same time difference too, text someone around 5:30pm their reply is 10:30 pm. but some seem to have correct timestamps and there is no rhyme or reason that I can see as all people have shown incorrect and correct stamps.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Odd. I wonder if the issue is that location services are on, and it can't locate the person (or you) based on gps, so it defaults to GMT time, which could be 5 hours ahead of you guys? Not really sure about that, but just a thought.

KQ17

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
It's a Rogers problem. The Rogers network has a 5 hours delay compared to the local time. That's why when I used to have an Android (Samsung Captivate), when installing AT&T custom ROMs, we had to install an SMS Time Stamp fix app. Phones are usually programmed to avoid this problem but with WP, it happens sometimes. It happened on the L900 and it is happening sometimes on my L920. At least, this time, it still stays in order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon