Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I apologize if this had already been answered in another thread but I could not find it.... But does anybody know why you can only hear voicemails over the speakerphone on the visual voicemail application with AT&T? I find that rather odd and don't know if it is a bug or normal functionality. The AT&T rep did not know if it was a bug or not and seemed confused himself and he owns a Lumia 920 as well. Any help or comments are appreciated!
    Mine works in the ear piece. Just click on which voicemail you want to listen to and hold it up to your ear. The only way to have it play over the speaker phone is to actually click the speaker icon on the bottom of the screen.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    not true. I listen to vm without speaker

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I can hear mine through the ear piece BUT not if it is in vibrate mode or if the volume is turned down very low. Try turning the volume up and give it another try.
    Mike

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Wow I feel dumb lol!!! Yeah I turned it up and now I can hear it in the ear piece.... I was just confused because I thought I was turning up the volume of the ringer and not the ear piece, it is strange how they show it as turning up the ringer volume and not in call volume.

You aren't dumb, it is an annoying problem. For whatever reason, the visual voicemail volume is connected to the system volume instead of in call volume. I always have my phone on vibrate, so whenever I need to listen to a voicemail, I always forget to turn up the volume and have to restart the message. It isn't really a bug, but it is annoying.
    Thanked by: