Bad experience with Amazing Weather HD

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather works wonderfully for me. The Weather Channel app didn't update its live tile properly and other weather apps I tried didn't look or act much better. Your phone doesn't happen to be in battery saver mode, does it? That may be too obvious, but then again it is often the most basic things we overlook.

Battery saver mode is definitely off.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had this issue a few times over the weeks I have been using the app. The sure fire way I have found to get the tile updating again is to go into background task settings and block amazing weather. then click then box that says "turn bac kground task on when the app is launched again". Then I turn off my phone and back on. Then I launch the app then back out to the start screen. Works fine. This is for my GPS tile. I mostly am within a wifi connection, and almost always have LTE connection.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this app for my Lumia 920 after reading a good review at WPCentral. The app works but only when you open it manually. It never updates the weather in the background and the live tile is never updated. I wish developers test the apps on a number of devices before releasing to public.

Welcome to the club. I've tried at least 9 different Weather apps, both paid and free and NONE of them worked worth a dog gone. Including Amazing Weather. Full disclosure, I don't have the HD because I don't have a Windows Phone 8 but after that experience, I just come to believe it is a OS soft spot. I did find ONE weather app that will update the lock screen without having to touch it first and its called BeWeather. You NEVER have to touch the tile and it updates perfectly. I don't know if it is available for Windows Phone 8 but I trust this developer to know how to code for Windows phone.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the club. I've tried at least 9 different Weather apps, both paid and free and NONE of them worked worth a dog gone. Including Amazing Weather. Full disclosure, I don't have the HD because I don't have a Windows Phone 8 but after that experience, I just come to believe it is a OS soft spot. I did find ONE weather app that will update the lock screen without having to touch it first and its called BeWeather. You NEVER have to touch the tile and it updates perfectly. I don't know if it is available for Windows Phone 8 but I trust this developer to know how to code for Windows phone.

I've had a very pleasant experience with the Amazing Weather HD app. Its tile updates almost on time (I set it up to update the tile hourly), and I rarely open the app because the tile provides all the info I need - current temperature, hi/low temperature for the day and current conditions on the front face of the tile and a 5-day forecast on its flip side (there are 2 other kinds of tiles you can pin that will provide slightly different information).

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi sir, we are happy to have customers from UAE that is Amazing :), please do contact us at amazingweather@eizsoft.com so we can further assist you.
mean while try the following:

1- Make sure you have a cellular connection.
2- Try to pin a non - GPS live tile as your location might not be recognized by the weather service (try out for example Paris, and check if the tile updates)

I sent you guys an email couple of days ago but didn't get any reply.

Anyways, I think the main issue with this app is that it is not able to refresh on the cellular connection. Even though my cellular connection works fine and I can browse the Internet and sync my emails, this app is never able to update the data over the cellular connection. Since most of the time the phone is in the standby mode and the wifi is off it never updates the weather. It only updates with the wifi. I hope this issue can be fixed in some later update. Thanks.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled Amazing weather as it didn't work in the end. I am now using the free Microsoft weather app with the live tile. It works fine, updates regularly and the metro live tile is sufficient for my needs.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs